The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you like to see Kesler in the Ring of Honour?

Rate this topic

iBlueGreen

What do you think about Ryan Kesler in the Ring of Honour?  

336 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t know if either should be up there or not. But luongo would be more deserving then Kesler 

Luongo was the best goaltender this franchise has ever had and have since discovered the details of what makes an elite goaltender elite, following Luongo by Miller and developing Markstrom and Demko into top notch goaltenders for potentially the next decade.

Luongo changed the game in Vancouver.

He is the epitome of who should be up in the ROH. 

Kesler not so much.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Lu and Kes stabbed the Canucks in the back on their way out. Lu's still stabbing. I don';t buy Kesler back-tracking, only saying that because his career's over and he's won nothing.

Get Bieksa and maybe Salo in the Ring and leave it at that for the 2011 team. 

D. Sedin - Retire #

H. Sedin - Retire #

Burrows - RoH

Bieksa - RoH

Salo - RoH

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 3

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Lu and Kes stabbed the Canucks in the back on their way out. Lu's still stabbing. I don';t buy Kesler back-tracking, only saying that because his career's over and he's won nothing.

Get Bieksa and maybe Salo in the Ring and leave it at that for the 2011 team. 

D. Sedin - Retire #

H. Sedin - Retire #

Burrows - RoH

Bieksa - RoH

Salo - RoH

Fill er up lol

Kes was a great player in Canucks, but I do not vote him for the ring due to the reasons of his leaving. He should select his career for his own direction, but Canucks should select give the ring to whom.

Burrrows is one I respect, and vote for the ring.

Lu should get the ring, but not Canucks. It should be given by his current team.

The next player we give the ring to be Bieska or Edler.

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Didn’t know 40 goal Selke winners were average players. 

He's a 20-25 goal scorer with a career season of 41 goals mixed in. He won a Selke once.

This thread is classic case of people wanting to reward every accomplishment. Like giving out 12th place ribbons for participation. Kesler was a good player for this team but that's it.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Pears said:

Didn’t know 40 goal Selke winners were average players. 

That one year.

2010-2011

Like a one-time hit singer.

Except the poor poor man found himself on ice and lost his dream of diving; at fault a frozen pond.

He asked for a trade to another pond, only to dive again and find it frozen once more.

Oh friend. I feel for Diver Kesler, who could not find a melted pond.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

By that time, he was on the list as a diver.

OK but I just don't see how that first video could be a dive in any way (pretty sure he took a huge chop on this right skate from that Det player)... Which shows that once someone is on the "list", people become biased into thinking that every time that player takes a spill, they are diving. Point proven if you really believe he purposefully flopped onto his side in that video. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

OK but I just don't see how that first video could be a dive in any way (pretty sure he took a huge chop on this right skate from that Det player)... Which shows that once someone is on the "list", people become biased into thinking that every time that player takes a spill, they are diving. Point proven if you really believe he purposefully flopped onto his side in that video. 

Me has always been biased against Kesler for some reason. Best to not waste your time. 

Edited by Pears
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

He's a 20-25 goal scorer with a career season of 41 goals mixed in. He won a Selke once.

This thread is classic case of people wanting to reward every accomplishment. Like giving out 12th place ribbons for participation. Kesler was a good player for this team but that's it.

I think he was a Selke finalist five times.  You can pick apart his achievements and character, but his Selke credentials are pretty much beyond reproach.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1