The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] You Won't Believe It... but...

HKSR

I agree this is a definite potential occurrence.  Preds desperately need a goalie.  Their current window for winning is going to slam shut in three or four years.  They are wasting their chance by not having a goalie. 

I’ve stated here on several occasions the plan to recoup the first we are giving to TBay for the Miller trade is moving Demko at this 2020 draft.  JB said the team has a plan in place to recoup that first.  

Your idea is an excellent connecting of the dots. 

My crystal ball supports you too. :towel:

731B065C-5447-410F-8C95-0219CDD936C0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Jussi Saros says hello.  Also, there isn’t a chance in hell of Demko returning a top 10 pick in a trade. 

Jussi Saros' 3.13 GAA and 0.895 Save% say hello.

Never say never.  Many would never have thought Cory Schneider would fetch a 9th OA pick either.  It was a surprise to the hockey world when that trade was made.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Jussi Saros' 3.13 GAA and 0.895 Save% say hello.

Never say never.  Many would never have thought Cory Schneider would fetch a 9th OA pick either.  It was a surprise to the hockey world when that trade was made.

He’s having a down season. ( much like most of the Nashville team) Look at the rest of his career numbers. Even with this years numbers factored in he still has better stats than Demko and over a much bigger sample size.  I’m comfortable saying never in this case. Also. Schneider was far more established than Demko and was already considered one of the best goalies in the league when he was traded 

Edited by qwijibo

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He’s having a down season. ( much like most of the Nashville team) Look at the rest of his career numbers. Even with this years numbers factored in he still has better stats than Demko and over a much bigger sample size.  I’m comfortable saying never in this case. Also. Schneider was far more established than Demko and was already considered one of the best goalies in the league when he was traded 

Maybe, but down seasons by a team generally affect GAA, not Save %.  Anyways, this was just a fun proposal.  I have a feeling Demko will be the one moved eventually with the assumption that Marky gets his extension.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

since we have decided to move reality into dreamland

why not a trade involving detroit/ottawa and the #1oa pick

for

demko

get it done jb

cuz we know posters on here could get that deal done

Man, glass half empty? Why not bash on everyone because you are so much wiser... Demko could get the 9th OA if the team with the 9th OA values him as such...

We gave a 1st and 3rd for Miller because JB valued him, look how that's worked out. I bet you still don't like that we gave up a 1st?

33 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Man, glass half empty? Why not bash on everyone because you are so much wiser... Demko could get the 9th OA if the team with the 9th OA values him as such...

We gave a 1st and 3rd for Miller because JB valued him, look how that's worked out. I bet you still don't like that we gave up a 1st?

Sure. That COULD happen. Is it likely? Not even remotely. Demko doesn’t hold anywhere near that value. 

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Sure. That COULD happen. Is it likely? Not even remotely. Demko doesn’t hold anywhere near that value. 

OK.. so what value do you think he has then? 

If we offered Demko to NJ for their extra 1st rounder from Arizona they'd be silly not to take it, imo. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK.. so what value do you think he has then? 

If we offered Demko to NJ for their extra 1st rounder from Arizona they'd be silly not to take it, imo. 

Careful Jimmy.  I heard one of the bridges in Toronto got flooded, and those living under said bridge are making their way here.  Clearly some have arrived already.  

Edited by Alflives

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Bob McKenzie:  "Wow!  Interesting move as the Canucks were facing a goaltender controversy with all star Markstrom and up and coming star Demko.

So having two capable goalies in the NHL is now considered a "controversy".   Interesting.      Is this even possible without an outdoor game?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Careful Jimmy.  I heard one of the bridges in Toronto got flooded, and those living under said bridge are making their way here.  Clearly some have arrived already.  

his bridge is farther east :lol: he still thinks Kovy is taking Montreal to the cup. 

Seriously tho, I think NJ would jump at the chance for Demko. Demko is putting together a better season than Blackwood, so NJ can run with both next year and protect the better one, maybe even flip one to another team to recover a pick. Its a good risk for them imo. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1