The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Sharks - Jan 29 2020 - 7:30PM Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Jan 18 I was sitting near ice level watching the Canucks and sharks.  I have to say that 2020 Thornton is a dirty player.  He has lost a step and plays with a chip on his frustrated shoulders.  He constantly whacked Hughes across the wrists. He looked to head hunt wherever he could.  He nailed Sutter with a cheap shot. He was involved in all the scrums.  He was loud and obnoxious and is a big, imposing guy.

Watch out for this dbag tonight.  Sorry to say, but he is playing like a guy who wants to hurt someone.

That Sutter hit was ridiculous such a sleezy play

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Considering a lot of us have made the same points, I’m going to say No, you aren’t the only one. In fact I’d say the majority understand the move for the same reasons. I have only seen a handful of people on CDC criticize the move. 

Fair enough, the Blues PGT gave me a different impression and I didn’t see these points made elsewhere, though I may have just not read the right thread.

I haven’t read most of this thread, having been at the gym for a good portion of the day, so I don’t know if anyone has said this or anything similar.... but I have a feeling this game will tell us a great deal about this young Canuck team. In the past, coming off a big win against an elite team (the Blues) and going into a game against someone of lesser ilk (though the Sharks have won 4 straight at home) the Canucks have been known to sort of take the foot off the gas pedal. Has our Young Core learned enough now to recognize the opportunity not only tonight’s game provides, but also recognize how attainable the playoffs actually are?

If they lay the hammer down on San Jose tonight I think it might be sign that another important step has been taken by this team.

I cannot wait for playoff hockey in our city again. Be it a first round series win, series loss but getting a few wins, or getting swept....I don’t really care at this point. I just want that FEELING again heading into that first playoff game.

Put the boots to the Sharks tonight boys and let’s continue our march to having some Spring time playoff hockey.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I haven’t read most of this thread, having been at the gym for a good portion of the day, so I don’t know if anyone has said this or anything similar.... but I have a feeling this game will tell us a great deal about this young Canuck team. In the past, coming off a big win against an elite team (the Blues) and going into a game against someone of lesser ilk (though the Sharks have won 4 straight at home) the Canucks have been known to sort of take the foot off the gas pedal. Has our Young Core learned enough now to recognize the opportunity not only tonight’s game provides, but also recognize how attainable the playoffs actually are?

If they lay the hammer down on San Jose tonight I think it might be sign that another important step has been taken by this team.

I cannot wait for playoff hockey in our city again. Be it a first round series win, series loss but getting a few wins, or getting swept....I don’t really care at this point. I just want that FEELING again heading into that first playoff game.

Put the boots to the Sharks tonight boys and let’s continue our march to having some Spring time playoff hockey.

Very well said, thank you

20 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Jan 18 I was sitting near ice level watching the Canucks and sharks.  I have to say that 2020 Thornton is a dirty player.  He has lost a step and plays with a chip on his frustrated shoulders.  He constantly whacked Hughes across the wrists. He looked to head hunt wherever he could.  He nailed Sutter with a cheap shot. He was involved in all the scrums.  He was loud and obnoxious and is a big, imposing guy.

Watch out for this dbag tonight.  Sorry to say, but he is playing like a guy who wants to hurt someone.

Yeah, I totally agree.  I remember when Thornton used to be a highly skilled clean player.  I wonder if him taking so many hacks and whacks early in his career makes him think he's entitled to give it back to anyone he feels like.  Whatever the reason I've also noticed that he's transformed from a high level skilled player into a low class goon.  Sad, really.  But also dangerous.  Keep you head up boys and let's play them hard.  Go Canucks Go!

Edited by nux_win

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So many big anchors on that team. Who's taking Karlsson, Jones or Vlasic's contract?? They'd lucky to move Burns if they retained.

pickle boy would be a nice add, for a season. But 6 more! 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I’ve noticed that too with him. Going on a couple/few years now. But big time this year. Probably amplified with how their season has gone. But yea he’s playing more dirty