The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (02-08) 2020

Rate this topic

I even heard Byfuglyn may be sought after by other teams as soon as his contract is terminated. He is currently 34 , if anyone signs him beyond this season they are on the hook for the whole contract once he is 35.

I won’t be surprised to see him sign this year with someone.

what will the Leafs do without Anderson ? yikes . Golf anyone ?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I even heard Byfuglyn may be sought after by other teams as soon as his contract is terminated. He is currently 34 , if anyone signs him beyond this season they are on the hook for the whole contract once he is 35.

I won’t be surprised to see him sign this year with someone.

what will the Leafs do without Anderson ? yikes . Golf anyone ?

I dont think that's how it works. I could be wrong but I believe that only applies to contracts that are signed after a player turns 35.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont think that's how it works. I could be wrong but I believe that only applies to contracts that are signed after a player turns 35.

The age of the player when the contract expires is the key. So if someone signs Buff to a 2 year contract or more, it will consider at 35+ contract. Contracts like this one will carry the same cap hit even if the player and the team mutually agree to terminate the contract.

10 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

The age of the player when the contract expires is the key. So if someone signs Buff to a 2 year contract or more, it will consider at 35+ contract. Contracts like this one will carry the same cap hit even if the player and the team mutually agree to terminate the contract.

I'm reading different.

The way I'm understanding this is that players who sign multi year contracts after the age of 35 will not grant any cap relief for their respective team if the contract is terminated early.

If a team signs buff to a multi year before march 27 it wont be considered a 35+ contract  and they wont be on the hook if he retires before said contract expires.

Screenshot_20200204-005241_Chrome.jpg

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 1

Merzlikins with his 7th win in a row and 4th shutout over those 7 games.  He's lost only 2 games in 13 starts since taking over following the Korpisalo injury.  CBJ climbed all their way back up to 3rd in the Metro.  

Edited by mll

OV is a beast. Best player in league since he came to NHL.

Greatest goal scorer in history. 

So glad he won the cup. Hes got a good chance to win 1 or 2 more. Team is top tier contender and will remain a contender for next 3 years.

I think he'll hit 900+ goals. Only one in history to hit the 900 mark. 

• Cheers 1

We were gonna lose outright eventually, today was a good day to do it.

Vegas, Calgary and Edmonton get nothing. The only divisional team chasing us who got anything was Arizona.

Nice to have things go right for us. 

Edited by Coconuts

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

OV is a beast. Best player in league since he came to NHL.

Greatest goal scorer in history. 

So glad he won the cup. Hes got a good chance to win 1 or 2 more. Team is top tier contender and will remain a contender for next 3 years.

I think he'll hit 900+ goals. Only one in history to hit the 900 mark. 

Playing some of the best hockey of his career since the cup win lifted that weight off his shoulders.  I agree with you that he can catch Gretz and hope we're both right.

• Like 1

Not only greatest goal scorer OV is also one of the most physical players in history. 

Since he came into NHL OV has 3rd most hits in entire NHL.. OV has 3000 hits only Dustin Brown and Clutterbuck have more since OV been in NHL. He's a 6'3 235 lbs scoring and hitting machine.

Even after being so physical OV has only missed 17 games out of 1170 with injury.

Simply Amazing.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1