The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Who the hell is Dimitri Filipovic? That you? Lol.

Dimitri can shut the hell up. That logic is so flawed. This trade helps make the playoffs AND helps make us compete in the playoffs. :emot-parrot:

He's a little analytic loving troll boy.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

On many nights I've felt Miller may be our best player.

He's in his prime, youngish and still getting better and on n excellent contract with term.

That trade is a win in every possible way unless that pick turns into a top line, top power play, puck hounding, physical winger.

I agree that Miller is really good, and we pretty underpaid to get him.  The trade was too soon though.  That first would have been better spent when our young core was more mature. 

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

People that can’t comprehend that a Center can also play wing is hilarious. The comments of Madden likely not being able to beat Horvat or Gaudette just don’t understand hockey. You guys do understand that JT Miller is a Center right? He hasn’t passed Pettersson or Horvat as a top 6 Center he takes draws but plays on Pettersson’s wing.

I did and counter with Hog/Pod being ahead of him for a top 6 spot to someone who said that and with us desperately needing real GRIT in our bottom 6 making the likelihood plummet even more for Madden here since he'd either need to be in the top 6 or nothing. Toppled with the fact that there's gonna be drafts and FAs in the next few years that can further push him down. 

At least I have said that. Idk who you've been talking to who hasn't said that but they should.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

I don't think there's any chance we re-sign Toffoli unless:

• We let Markstrom and/or Tanev walk
  • Eriksson retires

Option A worsens our team more than Toffoli improves it and option B would just be extremely lucky for us. 

Or Tanev and Eriksson are traded. Tons of possibilities. 

12 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

For Benning to go into 2020 with no picks in the first 2 rounds is crazy. Something else going on we dont know. Honestly i wouldn't be shocked if Boeser was traded haha. As much hate as that will bring... 

I've been saying for awhile that Boes is the odd man out and would possibly be dealt at the draft.  This move only makes me think that is a much stronger possibility.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lazurus said:

Was that not 8 or 9 years ago?

He still has several years left in the tank.

And there will be another Tyler Toffoli in a few years too, because our core stars are good enough to carry right now, so we might as well give them what they need to carry.

Just now, Alflives said:

I agree that Miller is really good, and we pretty underpaid to get him.  The trade was too soon though.  That first would have been better spent when our young core was more mature. 

Miller is part of our young core. Without JT we are selling right now instead of buying and looking at another lottery pick...

Some of you are so used to losing every move involves the future and what ifs. Its time to make moves and turn the page and I am excited

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2