he said 7 players, not forwards:

Podz

Hogz

MDP

OJ

Rafferty

Lind

Rathbone

now add madden to that list... does that really make you feel like it changes your outlook on our future??

not to mention Mcdonut is tearing it up at north eastern, and jasek is playing heavy minutes as 2C inn Utica and excelling...

• Upvote 1

In no particular order:

1) Podkolzin

2) Hoglander

3) Lind

4) Juolevi

5) Rafferty

6) MacEwan

7) Woo

Based on how long Demko played in Utica, I don't think Benning was including him in his 7 players count. 

Those three wingers at the top of list likely replace the likes of Leivo, Pearson and Roussel over the the specified time frame. MacEwan can hopefully be groomed into our 4C to replace Beagle. Rafferty replaces Stetcher for next season and Juolevi starts out (eventually) replacing Fantenberg/Benn and hopefully Edler at some point down the line. Woo could be our Tanev replacement way down the line. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don’t believe that Hoglander will be an NHL player.  Plus, how does Friedman know this?  He’s simply speculating...”from what I understand”.  

Fraudman at his very best, he should go back to Raptors broadcasting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

TSN is suggesting we may not be done yet. 

still interested in Simmonds but if not him, another player that brings toughness... hmmmmm

Marcus Foligno? Josh Anderson?! 

:frantic:

Didn’t Benning say he will not trade any more picks, but he would consider a prospect providing he had other prospects who play the same position?  So at which positions in our prospect pool do we have the most depth?  Wing, and goalie, right?  Does his comment mean that Hoglander or DiPietro are trade bait fir a rental like Simmons?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Didn’t Benning say he will not trade any more picks, but he would consider a prospect providing he had other prospects who play the same position?  So at which positions in our prospect pool do we have the most depth?  Wing, and goalie, right?  Does his comment mean that Hoglander or DiPietro are trade bait fir a rental like Simmons?  

I think it will be the Gadjovich, Palmu, Sautner, Utunen tier prospects he will dangle this time. 

2 hours ago, joe-max said:

He said 7 young players in 2-3 years is the conservative guess. So 7 surefire roster players in his view, but more is possible. My guess:

Sure things

- Jasek

- Rafferty

- Juolevi

- Hoglander

- Podkolzin

- Macewen (might have to be included here)

- Tryamkin

Possible

- Rathbone

- Woo

- Lind

- Dipietro

- Brisebois

(- Gadjovich)

I love Hoglander, but Lind has pushed himself into the top prospects category this season.  He's far ahead of Hog, imo.  I agree on the rest though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I think it will be the Gadjovich, Palmu, Sautner, Utunen tier prospects he will dangle this time. 

That’s who we’d like to trade, but look how much a rental like Tofu cost.  We will have to give up a prospect we don’t want to, just like with Madden.  

Just now, Alflives said:

That’s who we’d like to trade, but look how much a rental like Tofu cost.  We will have to give up a prospect we don’t want to, just like with Madden.  

Toffoli is a much better player and younger than Simmonds tho not comparable. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does his comment mean that Hoglander or DiPietro are trade bait fir a rental like Simmons?  

Simmonds was previously traded for Hartman & conditional 4th so if anything I'd say his value is slightly lower than that right now just because he's a year older and we're by no means guaranteed a playoff spot.

5 hours ago, Jaimito said:

His father's health probably the biggest thing on his mind. Hope he fully heals in time for the playoffs. 

I wondered about this also.  I have no doubt about the injury, but it seems like a good life and career move for him to heal up and spend some time with his Dad.  If he can come back and play the playoffs, then this is a nice solution to the cap and helps put some extra troops in the mix for hopefully a solid run.  Perhaps some crafty discussions with JB also.

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

now add madden to that list... does that really make you feel like it changes your outlook on our future??

not to mention Mcdonut is tearing it up at north eastern, and jasek is playing heavy minutes as 2C inn Utica and excelling...

Also remember we have Tryamkin and Woo who are not even on the list. The cupboard is full of prospects. Losing one or two or even three will not hurt us in the long term. We could flip Demko and Stecher in the summer to recoup some picks if Marky signs and we bring up Rafferty.  Sutter and Roussel could be flipped for a pick as well in the summer.