The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

15 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Just sign Bogosian and carry on.  Then sign Tryamkin and move on.  No need to go all in for Barrie unless the price is lower.

Does this make the Leafs sellers?  That would be such great news.

Bogo is going to Tampa.

Im all for bringing Tryamkin back but that might be a little trickier.

I really don’t get these rumours. Toronto is a playoff team and while Barrie isn’t the greatest at defence he still plays around 20 minutes for them a night and is a 40 to 50 point dman. To get that away from a playoff team is gonna take an overpayment and Barrie as a whole and an upcoming ufa just isn’t worth it for a team like Vancouver.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

I really don’t get these rumours. Toronto is a playoff team and while Barrie isn’t the greatest at defence he still plays around 20 minutes for them a night and is a 40 to 50 point dman. To get that away from a playoff team is gonna take an overpayment and Barrie as a whole and an upcoming ufa just isn’t worth it for a team like Vancouver.

Rumour is sign and trade with Vancouver so he wouldn't be a UFA.

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Toronto loses him in free agency no matter what.

Would Barrie have any interest in signing with Vancouver? Yes, hometown boy and a young talented team about to enter a cup window.

Would he play better with us? I think so, but it's a risk.

Overall, Toronto may end up taking what they can get, otherwise they lose him for nothing.

Considering they gave up Kadri for him, it doesn't look good for their GM.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Rumour is sign and trade with Vancouver so he wouldn't be a UFA.

Okay this does change things my apologies. Didn’t know the sign and trade was the actual rumour. However they’re gonna want a 20 minute replacement and he’s gonna come by the name of Chris Tanev. I don’t know if Stecher + will cut it for them.

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

You had me till you said Toronto is a playoff team. Lol.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Okay this does change things my apologies. Didn’t know the sign and trade was the actual rumour. However they’re gonna want a 20 minute replacement and he’s gonna come by the name of Chris Tanev. I don’t know if Stecher + will cut it for them.

At this point I’m thinking they’re just looking for a shakeup even if the player returned is not as good.

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

Toronto loses him in free agency no matter what.

Would Barrie have any interest in signing with Vancouver? Yes, hometown boy and a young talented team about to enter a cup window.

Would he play better with us? I think so, but it's a risk.

Overall, Toronto may end up taking what they can get, otherwise they lose him for nothing.

Considering they gave up Kadri for him, it doesn't look good for their GM.

When you are a playoff team with expectations losing players to free agency is the breaks. You can’t rebuild and compete at the same time.

• Cheers 1

Honestly, I'd be good with this being a 1 for 1 trade. My issue is the fact that should we trade Stetcher, it leaves us vulnerable on the right side. We all know how Tanev gets hurt. Right now Myers has helped share that load along with Stetcher, but if we slot Barrie in there and he can't handle the hard minutes, it will lead to Tanev and Myers getting those minutes and THAT will lead to injuries. I'm good for upgrading Stetcher by adding a prospect or pick, but I definitely don't wanna be boosting one thing by lessening the other. Our defense isn't THAT deep. We just got these guys to a place where they aren't getting over played!!!

Edited by Noseforthenet
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

they can't close out tough games. I saw one rumour on the tweety that involved Sutter + Stecher for Barrie. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That’s why the offer from us would likely be Juolevi, Stecher and a conditional pick for Barrie (the condition being whether he re-signs)

Rather try to sell them on Sutter being a defensive forward and Stecher.

Retain salary if you have to. Get a young asset pick/prospect out of them.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s why the offer from us would likely be Juolevi, Stecher and a conditional pick for Barrie (the condition being whether he re-signs)

Rumor has it that Benning is talking to Barrie's agent.

Could be a sign and trade in the works.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they can't close out tough games. I saw one rumour on the tweety that involved Sutter + Stecher for Barrie. 

Toronto definitely needs help now, they don't need picks/prospects, so I'd say there's no chance we see another Madden scenario.

If anything some lower tier prospects/picks to round out the deal.

A Sutter + Stecher trade makes the most sense to me.

• Cheers 1