The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Blues would eat us alive . 

Again, they haven't come close to doing that to us this season. But playoffs is a different animal so I dunno. I try not speak in absolutes. I like how we've played them this season. We just need Marky back to carry us. Lol.

Just now, Trebreh said:

1glxeC_t_bigger.jpg

Walked into #Canucks

NHL_Team_Emojis_2019_2020_Canucks.png
room post game to hear two players finishing a convo: “Embarassing!” and “Mind blowing” before the cameras started rolling. Demko was seen limping noticeably, but downplayed the collision in game saying he just “needed to skate it off”

Players even want a new voice in locker room

• Like 2

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Again, they haven't come close to doing that to us this season. But playoffs is a different animal so I dunno. I try not speak in absolutes. I like how we've played them this season. We just need Marky back to carry us. Lol.

Like you said Playoffs is a different animal. Teams come to play every night, no days off like you can take in the regular season.

Marky can only carry us so much, especially with our defensive coverage. If we can get rid of Baum, then maybe we can get back into the top 3 of our division.

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Apparently when you say Gudbranson isn't as bad as people on CDC say he is it automatically means you want Sutter wearing a C and Gudbranson wearing A’s for some reason. 

Wait until he sees my post about Rousell playing very well tonight after a long dry spell...lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne Jetski said:

We will be fine CDC. We’re still in the playoffs. Doesn’t matter how you make it. Just make it. Keep those heads high

folks. It’ll be a fun few weeks. 

I actually agree in this, but can’t help thinking of the Titanic after hitting the iceberg. Technically, people there were fine too.

• Haha 1

Even factoring in tonight’s loss the Canucks are still sitting at roughly a 73% chance of making the playoffs.  It’s far to early to write the eulogy.  That said, they need to pull out of this skid if they’re going to make it. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Players even want a new voice in locker room

Or maybe they're referring to the basics of hockey, as in how you angle your skate when you're getting a puck off the boards?  

Green might be let go this off-season if we don't make the playoffs, but he's not going anywhere now. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Hey you have 6 goals Roussel, you should be out there ahead of Pettersson. How do you respect that?

That’s kind of my point.  We have great young players, who are watching their coach reward veterans with ice-time that don’t deserve it.  This IMO is a very bad message.  Green seems like a really nice person.  He’s very likeable.  He’s just not got the arrogant sob personality of a winning NHL coach.  IMO our veterans get the soft touch from Green, and (seeing that) negatively affects our young stars.  It’s bad, and obviously getting worse. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our game again tonight. And some people might not like me saying that, but man, that was a hockey game. Felt like a playoff game. I thought both teams played well. They got two lucky bounces and that's what it came down to. I'd imagine the guys are frustrated. I know as coaches we are. We've played three good hockey games in a row. That's the way hockey goes sometimes. This one will sting for awhile, but that's alright. Unfortunate we didn't win." - Green

No, coach. You don't say your team played good hockey games when they can't keep the puck out of their own net in the 3rd.

Nobody gives a **** about how well your team played for 50 minutes. If you can't keep the hard-earned lead and can't buy a goal in the last 10 minutes to turn the tide, you and your team has a much bigger problem than just trying to play lip service to the media.

Edited by StealthNuck
Watch the language.
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Meh  I ain't even mad. At least they played better.There are things to build on in this loss.

Demko stopped some pucks

Jake played like the player we were hoping to get when he was drafted.

Their watching their playoff hopes slip through their fingers you can see the fire lit inside them tonight. They are gonna win their next game BOOK IT!

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

To the minute 

10 minutes left in the third, team loses focus 

kNowing that a real coach would put out his most reliable guys 

did we? Nope 

Benn? Roussel? Sutter? Fatenberg?

right there is the reason Green has to go 

The time, unfortunately, has passed to replace Green.  I’m only hoping he doesn’t do a Willie D and cause serious harm to some young players.  (Tryamkin, Jake) 

• Cheers 2

What get me the most is Green’s absolute refusal to find fault in his coaching or team 

with that warped arrogant attitude the team possibly can’t improve 

The message gets to the players, we lost, no big deal. Coach is ok with it  Nothing to see here 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our game again tonight. And some people might not like me saying that, but man, that was a hockey game. Felt like a playoff game. I thought both teams played well. They got two lucky bounces and that's what it came down to. I'd imagine the guys are frustrated. I know as coaches we are. We've played three good hockey games in a row. That's the way hockey goes sometimes. This one will sting for awhile, but that's alright. Unfortunate we didn't win." - Green

Travis Green has lost his mind.