Sign in to follow this  
djheer

Skate Jersey Petition For Qualifying Round/Playoffs

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

The Skate jerseys are pretty, but I'd rather have them as specialty jerseys or maybe 3rd/4th jerseys.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fight the power! These are beauty sweaters and they’re Petey’s favorites. Might as try to make him feel as good and confident as he can be for play-ins.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to admit Horvat looks like a boss in the above picture.  Agree with Biestra above ... Kevin Bieksa wanted to wear it but those guys were turned down ... glad at least we got to see them again.

  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything but the Orca, I’m tired of other teams making sushi out of us.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horrible idea.  The Skate is a special event jersey to celebrate the 50th anniversary and it should remain as such.  Our colours are Blue, Green and White.  Not Black, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and White...  A unified identity is better than a completely mismatched one, regardless of anybodies personal uniform preference. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, morgo said:

Horrible idea.  The Skate is a special event jersey to celebrate the 50th anniversary and it should remain as such.  Our colours are Blue, Green and White.  Not Black, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and White...  A unified identity is better than a completely mismatched one, regardless of anybodies personal uniform preference. 

Agreed. I despise having Calgary Flames colors represent this beautiful province.

Edited by Maginator
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, morgo said:

Horrible idea.  The Skate is a special event jersey to celebrate the 50th anniversary and it should remain as such.  Our colours are Blue, Green and White.  Not Black, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and White...  A unified identity is better than a completely mismatched one, regardless of anybodies personal uniform preference. 

Don’t forget orange and purple...too bad that’s all the skate jersey means to you, missed some great hockey.   We aren’t the only team to have a wide selection, it’s part of our past - just like at some point I’m sure the current one will be too.

Edited by IBatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skate Jersey Petition For Qualifying Round/Playoffs

 

crap!  I clicked on this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Don’t forget orange and purple...too bad that’s all the skate jersey means to you, missed some great hockey.   We aren’t the only team to have a wide selection, it’s part of our past - just like at some point I’m sure the current one will be too.

Not true, the 1994 run was the first hockey I ever watched.  I appreciate that time period but I also appreciate the run in 2011 and think that Blue, Green and White not only looks better but represents Vancouver & the rest of British Columbia in a more effective way.  It was also our first colour scheme.  More than anything though, I don't think our home and road jerseys should be mismatched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, morgo said:

Not true, the 1994 run was the first hockey I ever watched.  I appreciate that time period but I also appreciate the run in 2011 and think that Blue, Green and White not only looks better but represents Vancouver & the rest of British Columbia in a more effective way.  It was also our first colour scheme.  More than anything though, I don't think our home and road jerseys should be mismatched. 

So why the orca, that came after, was corporate and ushered in the Messier era, the worst logo of all logos in the history of logos.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So why the orca, that came after, was corporate and ushered in the Messier era...

The Orca has nothing to do with Messier.  It was finalized before he ever signed and it's been changed since.  I call it the Sedin-era logo. 

 

Quote

The worst logo of all logos in the history of logos.

Come on...  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So why the orca, that came after, was corporate and ushered in the Messier era, the worst logo of all logos in the history of logos.

Are hockey logo's are "corporate logos". Hockey is a business after all. The orca also saw the WCE era and the Sedinery era. Two of the best era's in team history setting a team sellout streak record, plus players shattering individual franchise records. Try looking at the positives.

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baggins said:

Are hockey logo's are "corporate logos". Hockey is a business after all. The orca also saw the WCE era and the Sedinery era. Two of the best era's in team history setting a team sellout streak record, plus players shattering individual franchise records. Try looking at the positives.

I’d prefer the Flying V non logo uniform to the orca, I have been a fan since day one and the orca represents nothing I love about my team, it’s a horrible, horrible logo.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, morgo said:

The Orca has nothing to do with Messier.  It was finalized before he ever signed and it's been changed since.  I call it the Sedin-era logo. 

 

Come on...  :lol:

Look at any other NHL logo, it represents the team name and/or hockey, ours represents neither, I stand by worst logo of all logos in the history of logos, I hate it that much.

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Look at any other NHL logo, it represents the team name and/or hockey, ours represents neither, I stand by worst logo of all logos in the history of logos, I hate it that much.

The most historical, winning-est team in the league represents their team name-sake in the EXACT same manner.  'C' for Canucks, 'C' for Canadiens.  Ours is actually better because it also represents our region by including an animal native to it in an art style exclusive to the West Coast.  Management has no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon so if you hate it that much, maybe you should consider cheering for a different team. 

Orca forever, Johnny never.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.