The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

2 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I swear you enjoy watching mediocre hockey 

Nope but I don't mindlessly cry about it either. 

it's a team game and 2 players can play well while the team is losing, not that god damn hard to comprehend really. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

True for sure 

at a minimum we need to get in Stalicks grill like they are getting into Marky’s 

Yes! Horvat got close and we had a couple chances where Stalock had to guess and just hope it hit him.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

You seriously think we will break through with this D with 2 goals in the third?

honestly? 

we need another 20 goal scorer for that....wait 

Its playoff hockey bud - my point was they came out in the 2nd and dictated the play. Thanks Christ you are not coaching these guys. Should we just forfeit the next 2 games and head home? throw in the towel? Wow - go cheer for another team please!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IMO it's been a pretty even game.

We need to start rattling Stalock. He's been a bit of a difference maker. 

Every goalie is a difference maker against us. How does a guy (Tobias Reider) who didn’t score one goal last year, make Hellebuyck look like a beer league call up and Boeser who has scored over 50 in his two full years barely get a shot off? These guys gotta understand one play could turn the tide of a game and bury those chances. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Markstrom is the reason the game wasn't 3-0 10 minutes into the first.  He would be giving the team a chance to win if we were getting honest officiating.

Really? Huh, the other guy is outplaying him - facing more shots and more difficult shots.

• Like 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

That’s true and we all knew it going in when the ref lineup came out 

but Green handed our 2 powerplay back 

Jake has a history of taking bad penalties.  You think he'd be able to stay out of the box when Sutherland's sending guys to the box for complaining about his terrible BO?

Just now, Slegr said:

I like how several Canucks have played. All good - Myers, Ferlund, Miller, Motte. If I’m looking to put Virtanen in, I’d look to actually take out Gaudette, and have Sutter as third centre, as unpopular as that would be.

Completely agree.  Said it earlier.  Move Sutts to 3C, sit Gaudette, move Rooster to the 4th and Virtanen on the wing with Ferly and Sutts.

• Thanks 1

Thank you TG for putting Virtanen in the press box. After 5 periods, the Nucks scored only 1 goal. Now the top two lines are under extreme pressure to score as the others lines won’t. Nucks are outmuscled and outskated. TG is outcoached. Sick to watch TG chose to play games with Virtanen at the worst possible time.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1