The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

1 minute ago, c00kies said:

We had good chances, but bad shots. Miller had a couple good chances, but both missed the net. 

I think we're close, but need better shots (or shots at all).

True for sure 

at a minimum we need to get in Stalicks grill like they are getting into Marky’s 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

What exactly is your argument here? Yes we all know that this is a qualfier, but these games count toward elimination and are played with playoff rules. So whatever you want to call it, these are playoff games. 

I get the stats count. Not disagreeing with you.

I don't like how qualifying games count as stats against cup games especially since players can jack their stats realitive to historic.

They aren't playoff games. These get you to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Guess everyone forgot with playoff hockey  back anti Canucks reffing is back as well?

Not abysmally so tonight, I’m used to serious ref bias, not this piddling stuff. We’d have to be playing much better than we are for the referees to get serious about screwing us over royally. Right now, our poor play is good prep for being screwed over somehow in the draft. We could be the worst team in this qualifier and somehow Bettman would invent some additional Luongo contract like penalty to take the pick away. Not that I’m paranoid or anything, but just look at that name - Bet-man...

I like how several Canucks have played. All good - Myers, Ferlund, Miller, Motte. If I’m looking to put Virtanen in, I’d look to actually take out Gaudette, and have Sutter as third centre, as unpopular as that would be.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2