The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

36 minutes ago, afan said:

Virtanen provides the most goals for the 3rd line and 2nd unit PP. He is big, fast, can forecheck and has that intimidating hard and accurate shot. Team is more exciting to watch with Virtanen in the lineup.

Hate to see TG prefers to play games with this important player in the qualifying round. The Canucks 3rd and 4th lines are punchless without Virtanen. They will be outmatched. The Wild is a very good defensive team.  All they have to do is to shut down the Nucks top two lines and they will win this series.

Go Canucks go 

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

He may, it really depends what his future holds for him, but he has stated he intends to play out his contract. Since he's not going to retire I guess that would mean calling his bluff and seeing if he wants to hang on for 2 years in order to get that $4 mil in the last year. It is a lot of money when faced with the alternative, $5 mil and hockey, or $0 and no hockey.

I don't see why they don't just mutually terminate contact ala Bogosian. He could still sign somewhere and recoup a couple years wages. He's still an NHLer. Just not at his current pay rate.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

My guess:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen

Ferland - Beagle - Eriksson

(Motte)

OUT - Gaudette, MacEwen, Graovac, Bailey

I think that's what the line up looks however I believe Toffoli and Boeser get switched to provide the young guys veteran support. In there prime, sure, but right now they need additional support in playoff hockey IMO.

I also don't think Gaud is ready to carry a line in the playoffs as well.

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I don't see why they don't just mutually terminate contact ala Bogosian. He could still sign somewhere and recoup a couple years wages. He's still an NHLer. Just not at his current pay rate.

you've got 2 choices:

a) work less, earn more, live in a beautiful world class city

b) work more, earn less, live in a mystery city

which do you choose?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I think this is a great point.

Home team should be represented as much as possible. Goal horn, banners over the empty seats, heck even make the silly fake crowd noise biased towards the 'home' team.

There should be some “reward” for home team

even if it’s fake 

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I think we may have saw the lineup already. They just pull Mac and Juolevi. If Sutter is ailing, I would really like to see Jake and Ferland on the same line with Gaudette.

Gauds not ready to carry a line in the playoffs but then again, who knows with Green at the helm.

10 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I doubt Green changes our top 6 right now. Gaudette has played in that role all season and his line-mates don't need to be carried.

Exactly, the fact that the playoffs is a whole different ball game and Green sets his team up like its the regular season is the problem. It will interesting to see what he does with his line up tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Exactly, the fact that the playoffs is a whole different ball game and Green sets his team up like its the regular season is the problem. It will interesting to see what he does with his line up tomorrow.

He would know what to expect from our players way more than you or I. You and many others have a popularity slant to who you want to play while Green is looking at things like potential in game injuries and penalties to key players.

For what it's worth I had Sutter, Eriksson and Virtanen in before Mac and Gaudette on the line up I posted in early June.