The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

Who does the Canuck 3rd line play against? Does Green think Gaudette is strong enough in the FO circle? I can see Sutter coming up to 3C or being spotted in there for key FO's. Even tho Roussel scored last game I would still put Virtanen in there either today or Game#2. If Ferland fades Virtanen can go there as well. Minny's goaltending has to be worse than Marky and Van has to have speed. Van's key to the game is their d-zone play. 

29 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

It’s not apples and oranges. People live within their means in proportion. Sure he has made lots of money but he’s probably spent a lot of money as well. A hockey career is also fairly short and that money has to last him the rest of his life if he wants to not have to work after hockey. The odds of him walking away from that kind of money just because he has to ride a bus or sit in the press box is pretty small in my opinion.

That's your opinion fair enough, but apples and oranges in my opinion. My last ten years wages and I live ok. LE's last ten years wages and he is set for life. Also, retirement from the NHL doesnt necessarily mean no income. He could still cash in nicely in Sweden. Pointless conversation though as neither of us know his financial situation, investments, state of mind. More an opinion on what I or you would do in that situation really.  

• Cheers 1

Well my boat trip hasn’t had the greatest start but I’m coming back to Granville island to get a new dingy. I think I’ll pull a Jeremy Roenick and eat at the Keg and watch the game. Game day is my saviour, hope we don’t come out as flat as Edmonton... or my dingy! It’s a beautiful day for a hockey game!

393973F5-51D4-4325-9ECA-534DAC2A9CF9.jpeg

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

So many wtf teams....Chicago, Edmonton, Toronto,  Pitt, Montreal.

Even burke said it was disgraceful the way the NHL handled this. It should only been between the teams that weren't in the play-in round. The bottom teams like Detroit and Ottawa that need the help most. Seems like Bettman is more concerned with manipulating where the top picks go.

32 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

It’s not apples and oranges. People live within their means in proportion. Sure he has made lots of money but he’s probably spent a lot of money as well. A hockey career is also fairly short and that money has to last him the rest of his life if he wants to not have to work after hockey. The odds of him walking away from that kind of money just because he has to ride a bus or sit in the press box is pretty small in my opinion.

Yeah, after buying houses, and cars, investing, taking crazy overseas vacations with your entire family, setting up your family, partying, etc., I would imagine lots of players might be rich but not cash rich compared to their earnings.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Timbermen said:

Even burke said it was disgraceful the way the NHL handled this. It should only been between the teams that weren't in the play-in round. The bottom teams like Detroit and Ottawa that need the help most. Seems like Bettman is more concerned with manipulating where the top picks go.

Yep. And so would I if I was commish. No way I would want a top dog in Winnipeg.

However, the theory doesn't hold water with 97.

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yep. And so would I if I was commish. No way I would want a top dog in Winnipeg.

However, the theory doesn't hold water with 97.

They did change the lotto rules so that garbage tanking teams like a Edmonton would stop them from getting a generational talent. 

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Who does the Canuck 3rd line play against? Does Green think Gaudette is strong enough in the FO circle? I can see Sutter coming up to 3C or being spotted in there for key FO's. Even tho Roussel scored last game I would still put Virtanen in there either today or Game#2. If Ferland fades Virtanen can go there as well. Minny's goaltending has to be worse than Marky and Van has to have speed. Van's key to the game is their d-zone play. 

before the game against Winnipeg, I was sure Sutter was 3C, but he did not look healthy at all.  I think AG slots in and they do their best to shelter him.  Theyre the home team for games 1 and 2 and should be able to get some favourable matchups

• Cheers 1