The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lady Byng Trophy finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2020 Lady Byng Trophy  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Lady Byng Trophy?

• Nathan MacKinnon
    • Auston Matthews
    • Ryan O’Reilly

This poll is closed to new votes

IMHO, Lady Byng should NOT be given to Auston Matthews. Showing your crotch to people while drunk shows really poor judgement off the ice. Meanwhile people like RoR who has carried himself with honour consistently.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

IMHO, Lady Byng should NOT be given to Auston Matthews. Showing your crotch to people while drunk shows really poor judgement off the ice. Meanwhile people like RoR who has carried himself with honour consistently.

Matthews is a bizarre and somewhat tone-deaf pick. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I mean...https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ryan-oreilly-charged-after-truck-crashes-into-a-tim-hortons

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Austin Matthews nominated for the Lady Byng? The same “gentleman” who mooned a female security guard... that’s rich. I like ROR but didn’t he drunk drive his truck into a Tim’s back in the day? I would go with Coal Harbour’s Nate the great on this one. 

B9DA1BF6-F24D-4E5A-BBFC-EC7538AAB40C.png

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd go with O'Reilly. Matthews still seems like a frat boy and MacKinnon has a serious temper (I like that about him, but it works against his case).

O'Reilly was charged back in the day with a DUI but the charges were dropped because there was zero evidence that he was the driver. Since then he has done a lot of good things for a lot of communities and helps a lot of players get in touch with sports psychologists (I'm pretty sure that's his Dad's occupation). 

• 1 month later...