The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seattle Kraken Announced

Rate this topic

Love the logo designs for the Kraken.  Love even more how they used the space needle and anchor in one, very cohesive.

Don't love the colour scheme though.  Looks like there are way too many shades of blue there.  Really was hoping they would embrace neon green somewhere like the Seahawks haha.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Say what you will...Beats our constipated, half-assed first Nations whale for a logo.

And Kraken is cheesy but just has too much marketing/promotional appeal. It would not be denied.

Yep.   Argh taking a crap while trying to look fierce in a nothing to do with Canucks tradition other then getting branded by a corporation sort of way.  Would be like taking the Detroit logo and turning it into a pizza.  Most folks I know who were around at the time know what I’m talking about - not all but for sure most (some preferred the new look).  We had a very unique and identifiable brand and ruined it.    Bring them back for the 50th and everyone from the players to the media to fans who were never around for excited about it...polls still show the Orca behind the skate and the original one but yet here we are.  Buffalo got rid of the buffaslug, NYI got rid of fisherman guy.    We stayed with our constipated Orca.   The team never looked better in then black skate uniforms and I preferred the home (white) ones!  Ugh.  Our 50th uniforms were underwhelming to say the least - and the Orca has never ranked high even during the Sedin peak years.   Bet the “S” with a red dot will beat us out next season or whenever the pro designers do their thing next.   Have a mag ranking the top fifty hockey uniforms all-time (done by pro designers and fan polling) .  The only Canuck one that made the cut was our skate sweaters.   Hard not to wonder why - Linden/Bure/McLean inspired a lot of folks.   And this was maybe three years ago.    Dumb Nuck might say a lot of things - but killing the Orca seems harsh (id keep Fin and make the Orca the third uni’s) and going back to the skate would find a lot of positive reactions league wide.    Seems like we are stuck with it.   Probably one of the stupidest things this organization ever did.    Fans don’t like it as much.   Any fans.   Boston also got rid of their Bear logo ... because they actually LISTENED to their fan base. 

Not a huge fan of the name, kind of gets stuck in your throat, "Seattle Kraken". Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. 

That said, I really like the logo, clean and menacing.

Feel like the jersey as a whole feels kind of QMJHL-ish though, weird colours. 

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd love a Hartford Whaler-esque redo with an orca whale tail forming a V.

How would anyone know it was an Orca? Make it black?  It would just look like we copied it.   I would love me some spaghetti skate  and try to forget any of this other stuff ever existed. 

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Not a huge fan of the name, kind of gets stuck in your throat, "Seattle Kraken". Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. 

That said, I really like the logo, clean and menacing.

Feel like the jersey as a whole feels kind of QMJHL-ish though, weird colours. 

It’s pretty WCE era too. 

Love it - name, logo, colours, everything. 

And it usually takes me a while to warm up to things. Hated Vegas’ name at first, and didn’t care for their jerseys when released either. But I came around.

34 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Perhaps Fin just needs a little more fiber

Fin for a mascot is fine.  But that’s about it period.   Those black uniforms looked way way better on our young guns then the colour change plus the army green stripes on the sleeves they brought out this year.   Players fans - non- fans and media agree ... yet we just keep rolling out the same thing each year ...