The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Groin injury. No way he could be fully recovered. 

I had groin injury when i was 18 or 19 and took me a month to fully heal.  Sutter is 30+ 

I dont expect him to be on top of his game tonight.. 

If that's the case, he shouldn't be playing.

• Cheers 2

BOTH  BROCK AND PETEY  need to just go back what made them great..KEEP THEIR GAME SIMPLE...SAME WITH HUGHES......I  see that that trying too hard and too many fancy plays...let the game come to them let the plays come to them and just try and adjust to a much simple game..canucks  need to drive the net...the canucks whether its exhibition on playoffs cycle too slow..they need more north south and take the body ...

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

rouss, seems underwhelming tonight

He had one good half of a game and then looked like this the rest of the year. Dunno what happened to him. Used to be a favourite of mine. Injuries I guess are a real detriment. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Ferland and MacEwan; wasn't it obvious?

If you don't want to talk to me; stop quoting me

Ferland?  The guy who cant play more that 2 or 3 games without having his brain rocked?  I love Ferland,  think the NHL needs more of him.. but hes done.  He should think of his future health at this point.  Also he cannot provide this team what Jake can at this point.

Macewen,  think the kid is awesome,  but he isnt on Jake's level yet.  Hes still making his way.

Jake is young,  is physical,  and has an amazing shot,  and has proven he can contribute.  Between the 3 of those players 30/31 teams would take jake over the other 2.

• Wat 4

2 minutes ago, x00x said:

Vancouver has a hard time scoring against WPG Goalie, what they gonna do against other good goalies, they need to figure things out, or its gonna be face palm playoffs

If they lose to Minny tbey have 12.5 % chance at the 1st overall pick. Lafrenier. 

That's same.percentage as coming last in the league.

Win win situation  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Ferland?  The guy who cant play more that 2 or 3 games without having his brain rocked?  I love Ferland,  think the NHL needs more of him.. but hes done.  He should think of his future health at this point.  Also he cannot provide this team what Jake can at this point.

Macewen,  think the kid is awesome,  but he isnt on Jake's level yet.  Hes still making his way.

Jake is young,  is physical,  and has an amazing shot,  and has proven he can contribute.  Between the 3 of those players 30/31 teams would take jake over the other 2.

He’s playing right now. What you taking about?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

If that's the case, he shouldn't be playing.

Actually it's an exhibition game, perfect time to test him and Ferland who have both been beat up this season, sit if necessary for the qualifying round...

2 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

BOTH  BROCK AND PETEY  need to just go back what made them great..KEEP THEIR GAME SIMPLE...SAME WITH HUGHES......I  see that that trying too hard and too many fancy plays...let the game come to them let the plays come to them and just try and adjust to a much simple game..canucks  need to drive the net...the canucks whether its exhibition on playoffs cycle too slow..they need more north south and take the body ...

No thanks. They're the only two creating chances. 

• Vintage 1