The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

17 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Anyone who enjoys playoff intensity:

brace-yourselves-pj4nip.jpg.c0f76993a68bcdd5299b40056673219f.jpg

You:

lets-blame-the-ref.jpg.a41640a72f223ac975f8f80644e7141e.jpg

If you think the Canucks haven't had some horrible officiating you need to turn in your white towel.

I love playoff intensity.  For both sides, not just one.

I didn't call two penalties within the first 5 minutes of the game, Sutherland did.  If you think that's contributing to "intensity", I'd say you're wrong.  Let them play and put the whistles in your pocket beside your teeth.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

If you think the Canucks haven't had some horrible officiating you need to turn in your white towel.

I didn't call two penalties within the first 5 minutes of the game, Sutherland did.  If you think that's contributing to "intensity", I'd say you're wrong.  Let them play.

The reffing was fine last game. Was it slightly one-sided? Sure, but nearly every game is that way as refs are not robots and are subject to human error and missed calls from time to time. The calls on the Canucks were all legitimate, although you may argue a couple were soft. 

The Canucks also gave away opportunities to have the man advantage due to poor execution/mental breakdowns. 

It's hilarious that such a large number of fans actually think there's a league-wide conspiracy to call games in favour of the Canucks' opponents regularly. 

49 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Refs were fine. Hockey is rough. Trips and hooks will get penalties, not pushing. 

so why didn't Minny get called for trips and hooking and head shots? and please don't say the Minny didn't commit any, because that would mean you didn't watch the game or you need glasses

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I didn't call two penalties within the first 5 minutes of the game, Sutherland did.  If you think that's contributing to "intensity", I'd say you're wrong.  Let them play and put the whistles in your pocket beside your teeth.

Really? Blame the refs or cheer for a different team? Hahaha my lord. 

Just now, Maketherightmove said:

The reffing was fine last game. Was it slightly one-sided? Sure, but nearly every game is that way as refs are not robots and are subject to human error and missed calls from time to time. The calls on the Canucks were all legitimate, although you may argue a couple were soft. 

The Canucks also gave away opportunities to have the man advantage due to poor execution/mental breakdowns. 

It's hilarious that such a large number of fans actually think there's a league-wide conspiracy to call games in favour of the Canucks' opponents regularly. 

Human error shouldn't be the norm at this top/pro level.  Time to time is one thing...if you're missing calls on one side and assessing them on the other in a critical series, it matters.

I think it's hilarious that some don't see it.  Did you watch the game, or just the highlights?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Human error shouldn't be the norm at this top/pro level.  Time to time is one thing...if you're missing calls on one side and assessing them on the other in a critical series, it matters.

I think it's hilarious that some don't see it.  Did you watch the game, or just the highlights?

Unless you want a game that slows down significantly due to far more stoppages in play and lengthy reviews, then we can't take human error out of reffing. Until robot refs are created, you won't get perfection. 

I watched the full game. The reffing was fine. 

Edited by Maketherightmove

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

so why didn't Minny get called for trips and hooking and head shots? and please don't say the Minny didn't commit any, because that would mean you didn't watch the game or you need glasses

Get out there then stripes, we need your 80/20 vision.

Just now, Maketherightmove said:

Unless you want a game that slows down significantly due to far more stoppages in play and lengthy reviews, then we can take human error out of reffing. Until robot refs are created, you won't get perfection. 

I watched the full game. The reffing was fine. 

Two penalties within 4.5 minutes of opening?  I'm not sure that's not slowing down the game (Canucks).  

Your statement isn't fact, it's opinion (just like mine).

• Vintage 1

If anyone is looking for answers as to what happened in Game 1, here's a look at all of Vancouver's offensive opportunities against Minnesota (Aug. 2, 2020).

Part 1:

Part 2:

The Canucks were stuck on the perimeter all night and couldn't generate many high-percentage opportunities at all. Minnesota clogged up the middle of the ice and stayed back to prevent rush chances. They forced the Canucks to play their game.

Vancouver needs to create more pressure in the lower half of the offensive zone and try to get to the inside. They need to get Stalock moving laterally. Canucks players need to be cutting through the middle of the ice or setting up passing plays with the puck going through the middle. There needs to be more happening on the inside. Once Stalock shuffles, he becomes exposed. He is an aggressive goalie with good puck-handling abilities, so the Canucks' dump-ins are that much more difficult with him back there.

Right now, the Canucks are playing exactly the way the Wild want them to. As long as Alex Stalock is sharp, he can pick off the one-and-done chances from the perimeter. Vancouver's point shot-rebound opportunities were contained by the Wild's blocks and quickness to the rebounds. The team also couldn't set up any one-timers at all in the slot.
Edited by TrickOfShapes
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Moose Nuckle said:

We need you and bree out there reffing tonight so it's reffed completely unbiased. 

And I expect you to be behind the bench, coaching.  Because Green doesn't have your knowledge or experience.

I'm moving on now and not playing this game.  When you defer to attacks rather than giving reasonable responses, it speaks volumes.

FTR, it should be completely unbiased.  Start there.

Have a great day.

• Thanks 1