The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I won't be surprised if Green puts in Eriksson tonight and reunites him with Horvat and Pearson. They were really effective together earlier this year. 

i think you will see Toffoli Pearson and Horvat as the second line. Boeser, Petey and JT on the 1st line

• Vintage 1

My 5 keys to the game:

1) score the first goal

2) traffic in front of Stalock

3) gets some damn shots at the net (how many shots missed the net - Minny only blocked 15 shots total)

4) stay out of the penalty box - although i questioned several of the calls against

5) keep the feet moving - most consistent call I have seen so far is hooking

Just give us a damn win boys - we know you have it in ya!!!

15 hours ago, kloubek said:

All these people demanding Jake goes in. I am not disagreeing, but perhaps Green knows something you don't? Maybe he isn't in game shape? He didn't exactly have any amount of jump in camp.

...just saying...

He knows a lot we don't - but he's wrong on this.

7 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea.  Whatever complaints Eriksson gets, he's will never hurt the team defensively.

It would also make Horvat the go-to line to shut down the opposition's top line.  

Agree. They had success together with Loui working the utility role both offensively/defensively and the PK. He also injects experience as well. 

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hopefully the refs will do their jobs a little better so this comes into play.  Also, that we don't count by two's when sending guys out when there's a Wild penalty and there's about to be a pp.

image.png

I think these stats are all out the window - practically a new season at this point.

10 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

i think you will see Toffoli Pearson and Horvat as the second line. Boeser, Petey and JT on the 1st line

You're probably right but Eriksson's best, most effective stats were with Horvat and Pearson. At least there's successful evidence for Green to lean on if he's looking to make a change. May not be popular but that line worked. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Sometimes I think that Marky goes butterfly too early. His head is at the same height with one pad down or both. Either he was trying to keep the pad up to cover a post or to slide across.

What you think is irrelevant.

Go by what you see and prove.

Look at this vid at 6:34

Listening to 650 radio and the officiating wasn't just glaring to me it seems.  Again, paraphrasing, Harman Dayal who feels that it was a bit mind boggling that Petey didn't get calls considering that refs in games previous to ours were calling everything (and evenly).  Said he also expects more from Toffoli and Miller in order to free Petey up more.  Said Petey did a good job at battling and came prepared for what he'd be facing.  (I agree)

Sutherland sucks, plain and simple.  I promise to let this go after today, but Wild have to be penalized for crap that they do (too).  Matters overall and reffing needs to be at top level ... in a 5 game do or die series, especially so.

12 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

What you think is irrelevant.

Go by what you see and prove.

Look at this vid at 6:34

Yeah, it shows Marky's left pad still up and coming down after the puck goes under. Just like I said.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

You're probably right but Eriksson's best, most effective stats were with Horvat and Pearson. At least there's successful evidence for Green to lean on if he's looking to make a change. May not be popular but that line worked. 

I agree 100% - you know as bad as Eriksson's contract is at least he isn't the boat anchor that Lucic is in Calgary lol. Man is he slow and useless - except for sucker punches in scrums.

• Haha 1