The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

27 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Crappy teams and lazy players blame the ref.

Good teams don't make excuses....   Our club needs to take responsibility, our top 6 needs to be better.... Much better. 

of course good teams make excuses!

17 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Get out there then stripes, we need your 80/20 vision.

Immature one liners isn't really making any points. You and other apologists keep evading the fact that Minnie got away with exactly the same things we got called for and some of them were more egregious. One Wild player gave 4 quick cross-checks to Petey with the last one up around his neck/head area with no call. Myers cross-check penalty was way less of a penalty.

I see the "they're only human" card has been played. Yup!

Edited by RWMc1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

And I expect you to be behind the bench, coaching.  Because Green doesn't have your knowledge or experience.

I'm moving on now and not playing this game.  When you defer to attacks rather than giving reasonable responses, it speaks volumes.

FTR, it should be completely unbiased.  Start there.

Have a great day.

It is. I guess someone started for you. 

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Heads up:

There's only one thing wrong with this. I'm on holiday with the wife and this fall right around dinner time. It's easier to wake up in the middle of the night and then have a nap during the day. I'll need to be smart about this one. Any help from cdc would be appreciated. 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So clarify then please.

Perfect reffing without human error would require regular play stoppages & reviews for potential penalties. You'd be talking football level of play stoppages. It's not a realistic expectation for refs to get 100% of the calls right 100% of the time, no matter the level. 

The game was reffed reasonably (in my opinion), but even if you disagree, do you really think that the Canucks deserved to win based on their effort as a team, especially in the 3rd when it was most needed? Reffing did not decide this game, missed call or two had little bearing on the ultimate outcome.

2 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

There's only one thing wrong with this. I'm on holiday with the wife and this fall right around dinner time. It's easier to wake up in the middle of the night and then have a nap during the day. I'll need to be smart about this one. Any help from cdc would be appreciated. 

Perfect for me

2 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

Send her to the spa like the wonderfully loving husband that you are. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Maketherightmove said:

Perfect reffing without human error would require regular play stoppages & reviews for potential penalties. You'd be talking football level of play stoppages. It's not a realistic expectation for refs to get 100% of the calls right 100% of the time, no matter the level. 

The game was reffed reasonably (in my opinion), but even if you disagree, do you really think that the Canucks deserved to win based on their effort as a team, especially in the 3rd when it was most needed? Reffing did not decide this game, missed call or two had little bearing on the ultimate outcome.

That's avoiding the direct question.  I didn't ask for your opinion on perfect games or not...I'm asking how 2 penalties in the opening 4 minutes of a game isn't "slowing it down"?

You still haven't answered that.  Without all the fluff.

7 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Unless you want a game that slows down significantly due to far more stoppages in play and lengthy reviews, then we can't take human error out of reffing. Until robot refs are created, you won't get perfection. 

I watched the full game. The reffing was fine. 

well then lets just not slow the game down and don't have penalties on either side!   so your saying only call some on one team and the same penalty miss on the on the other?

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

That's avoiding the direct question.  I didn't ask for your opinion on perfect games or not...I'm asking how 2 penalties in the opening 4 minutes of a game isn't "slowing it down"?

You still haven't answered that.  Without all the fluff.

What are you talking about? 

Your initial point was that at this level, there cannot be human error with refs. 

I responded with what I just reiterated regarding how that unrealistic and would slow the game down (no human error would require stoppages every 30 seconds max to review all corner play/scrums, etc.)

What am I supposed to be answering? Is 2 penalties in 4 minutes slowing the game down? I guess somewhat? No clue what that has to do with the original discussion?

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

well then lets just not slow the game down and don't have penalties on either side!   so your saying only call some on one team and the same penalty miss on the on the other?

What? Why is this so difficult for you & Deb to understand? See my latest response: 

1 minute ago, Maketherightmove said:

What are you talking about? 

Your initial point was that at this level, there cannot be human error with refs. 

I responded with what I just reiterated regarding how that unrealistic and would slow the game down (no human error would require stoppages every 30 seconds max to review all corner play/scrums, etc.)

What am I supposed to be answering? Is 2 penalties in 4 minutes slowing the game down? I guess somewhat? No clue what that has to do with the original discussion?

10 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Immature one liners isn't really making any points. You and other apologists keep evading the fact that Minnie got away with exactly the same things we got called for and some of them were more egregious. One Wild player gave 4 quick cross-checks to Petey with the last one up around his neck/head area with no call. Myers cross-check penalty was way less of a penalty.

Calling me blind and telling me I'm not allowed to cheer for the team because I felt it was reffed fine is unwelcome to me.  

I don't want refs calling physical play because it makes playoff hockey intense.