The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, RWMc1 said:

This is what you said "I don't want refs calling physical play because it makes playoff hockey intense."

You want it both ways. It's okay that Minnie got away with stuff because of physical play and it's also okay that we got weak calls against us that were less "physical" than many of the Wilds plays that weren't called.

Sure, you got me, I want the refs to target us. 

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Most important experience is how tough play offs is compared to regular season... Nothing can replicate that experience whichever the out come.

Although getting swept with zero goals for would not be ideal.

no not ideal... but a big lesson. I'm OK with whatever happens, the guys lose and they've learned things, we get a lotto chance. We win and yay it continues. I don't see a downside here at all really. 

I'm very curious to see what Green's response is to breaking through that Minni defensive box of theirs, particularly if it doesn't include Jake.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Here, let me simplify for you as you're somehow confusing your own question:

This here's getting closer.  So it DID slow down the game?  So why, ONLY, is it ok when it's for the other guys?  I'm asking for penalties against us to be called as well.  Simple. 

Thanks for finally cutting to the chase.   But "somewhat"?   Twice in 4 minutes there were penalties/stoppages...I'm pretty sure that took away from things more than made them flow at a better pace.

So because they assessed two on us they wanted to keep the flow and not slow the game down so they ignored calls that they should have made against the Wild?  Doesn't seem right.  If they opened with a bang and to set a tone, maintain that with consistency or don't bother at all.

Love that people make excuses for the refs but, when asked to answer about them, really do struggle.  Over it.  Going to focus on the positive...which is different officials for tonight's game.  Woohoo!

Once again, you've completely misunderstood the point. I'm not sure how else to explain it. 

Best. 

1 minute ago, Maketherightmove said:

Once again, you've completely misunderstood the point. I'm not sure how else to explain it. 

Best. 

The point was "it slows down games".   Don't patronize with "you misunderstood".  Maybe you're not making a clear point then?

And yes, it did (slow down the game)....  But, sadly, one team was slowed down more than another when it had man advantages.

Not really complicated, but we can move on.  Time to face forward as it's all said and done.  Refs likely will do their jobs tonight and that's all I ask.

My biggest concern for the game and the series is Markstrom. He sometimes seems to be a top goalie

but he keeps letting in his "usual soft first goal". This was always a concern with Markstrom but in the

regular season (with higher scoring games) his upside seemed to overcome this problem.

But now in a tight low scoring Playoff series against a defensive team you can't allow any soft goals. I think

that first goal killed the Canucks confidence for a long while. The penalty killers played it very well allowing

Markstrom to see the shot all the way, no traffic, the perfect easy save to start the game.. this was actually

more than a soft goal, it was a clear must have - all the time. Second goal was slightly unlucky but soft, too.

Then Minnesota got some good chances as we were off after the 1-0 and Markstrom made a couple of

remarkable stops, thats for sure. But the point is that the whole game would've went into a different direction

if he saves that first shot. There is nothing that plays a defensive team more in hand than being up 1-0.

We need a goalie who plays well all the time now and not only after giving up softies, we need Markstrom

to be clutch, he could have gotten a quiet easy shutout yesterday and the game could've gone to OT even

if we didn't score. Thats why he has less career shutouts than McKenzie Blackwood has shutouts against the

Canucks.

We won't score more than 2-3 goals (EN excluded) in any game against the Wild, even if we play better and

get more PP opportunities. And we need to win 3 of the next 4. I can only see that happening if we don't let

in another soft goal in the series. Don't get me wrong Markstrom is a good goalie and I don't want to start 

Demko but he needs to get it together now. 

Also Green please don't hesitate too long now to change things up. This was clearly not the best lineup we could ice.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Roses are red  some yellow followers too..

Canucks will win in 5....

Not  a poem guy but 

Violets are blue

Canucks will win in 5...

Green is yellow 

Brown is too

We need new coaches

These ones are poo!

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nathancanuck said:

My biggest concern for the game and the series is Markstrom. He sometimes seems to be a top goalie

but he keeps letting in his "usual soft first goal". This was always a concern with Markstrom but in the

regular season (with higher scoring games) his upside seemed to overcome this problem.

But now in a tight low scoring Playoff series against a defensive team you can't allow any soft goals. I think

that first goal killed the Canucks confidence for a long while. The penalty killers played it very well allowing

Markstrom to see the shot all the way, no traffic, the perfect easy save to start the game.. this was actually

more than a soft goal, it was a clear must have - all the time. Second goal was slightly unlucky but soft, too.

Then Minnesota got some good chances as we were off after the 1-0 and Markstrom made a couple of

remarkable stops, thats for sure. But the point is that the whole game would've went into a different direction

if he saves that first shot. There is nothing that plays a defensive team more in hand than being up 1-0.

We need a goalie who plays well all the time now and not only after giving up softies, we need Markstrom

to be clutch, he could have gotten a quiet easy shutout yesterday and the game could've gone to OT even

if we didn't score. Thats why he has less career shutouts than McKenzie Blackwood has shutouts against the

Canucks.

We won't score more than 2-3 goals (EN excluded) in any game against the Wild, even if we play better and

get more PP opportunities. And we need to win 3 of the next 4. I can only see that happening if we don't let

in another soft goal in the series. Don't get me wrong Markstrom is a good goalie and I don't want to start 

Demko but he needs to get it together now. 

Also Green please don't hesitate too long now to change things up. This was clearly not the best lineup we could ice.

Bruh.

We scored ZERO goals.

Markstrom has to get shutouts now? :lol::lol::wacko: