The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

Here, let me simplify for you as you're somehow confusing your own question:

21 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Unless you want a game that slows down significantly due to far more stoppages in play

18 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

I think you've misunderstood my point with regards to slowing the game down. 

12 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Perfect reffing without human error would require regular play stoppages

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm asking how 2 penalties in the opening 4 minutes of a game isn't "slowing it down"?

8 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

What are you talking about? 

Your initial point was that at this level, there cannot be human error with refs.   Nope, those were your words not mine and an attempt to change my direct question, which is quoted above and not that difficult to understand.  You've yet to answer it .. in one line not a bunch of trying to tie it in to work for your agenda.

This here's getting closer.  So it DID slow down the game?  So why, ONLY, is it ok when it's for the other guys?  I'm asking for penalties against us to be called as well.  Simple. 

What am I supposed to be answering? Is 2 penalties in 4 minutes slowing the game down? I guess somewhat? 

Thanks for finally cutting to the chase.   But "somewhat"?   Twice in 4 minutes there were penalties/stoppages...I'm pretty sure that took away from things more than made them flow at a better pace.

So because they assessed two on us they wanted to keep the flow and not slow the game down so they ignored calls that they should have made against the Wild?  Doesn't seem right.  If they opened with a bang and to set a tone, maintain that with consistency or don't bother at all.

Love that people make excuses for the refs but, when asked to answer about them, really do struggle.  Over it.  Going to focus on the positive...which is different officials for tonight's game.  Woohoo!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Calling me blind and telling me I'm not allowed to cheer for the team because I felt it was reffed fine is unwelcome to me.  

I don't want refs calling physical play because it makes playoff hockey intense. 

Totally twisting my words into something ridiculous is unwelcome to me.

So why aren't you calling out their soft calls against us??

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Totally twisting my words into something ridiculous is unwelcome to me.

So why aren't you calling out their soft calls against us??

I didn't twist your words. I was referring to the comments made earlier not by you. 

I'm not calling out any calls yet. The reffing was fine. 

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

And I expect you to be behind the bench, coaching.  Because Green doesn't have your knowledge or experience.

I'm moving on now and not playing this game.  When you defer to attacks rather than giving reasonable responses, it speaks volumes.

FTR, it should be completely unbiased.  Start there.

Have a great day.

Damn Deb, I got my hopes up for a second we got a new coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

There’s good experience and bad experience, getting shutout and swept would be bad experience and the players would come out of it much worse off, we need to start winning otherwise it’s a wasted opportunity that may set us back a few years

Most important experience is how tough play offs is compared to regular season... Nothing can replicate that experience whichever the out come.

Although getting swept with zero goals for would not be ideal.

Fans that criticize refs.... are only failing to critique their own team / players.

The solution for our club is to play better.. whining about the refs is a waste of time.

Suck it up... and play harder.     If our clubs plays well, the refs can impact the game enough to steal a victory from us. 

21 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

And I expect you to be behind the bench, coaching.  Because Green doesn't have your knowledge or experience.

I said who I would like to see Ferland by Petey and shotgun a beer, but ok lol. 

I would be willing to bet Green has plenty of experience shotgunning beers.

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Most important experience is how tough play offs is compared to regular season... Nothing can replicate that experience whichever the out come.

Although getting swept with zero goals for would not be ideal.

I knew a guy back in high school, got shut down by every girl he asked on a date, he’s still single.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Here, let me simplify for you as you're somehow confusing your own question:

This here's getting closer.  So it DID slow down the game?  So why, ONLY, is it ok when it's for the other guys?  I'm asking for penalties against us to be called as well.  Simple. 

Thanks for finally cutting to the chase.   But "somewhat"?   Twice in 4 minutes there were penalties/stoppages...I'm pretty sure that took away from things more than made them flow at a better pace.

So because they assessed two on us they wanted to keep the flow and not slow the game down so they ignored calls that they should have made against the Wild?  Doesn't seem right.  If they opened with a bang and to set a tone, maintain that with consistency or don't bother at all.

Love that people make excuses for the refs but, when asked to answer about them, really do struggle.  Over it.  Going to focus on the positive...which is different officials for tonight's game.  Woohoo!

Can we skip the ref reviews already? In a series like this you get the calls you earn in the long run. Sure some of the calls/non-calls in game 1 were questionable but overall minny was better and earned the win, no question about that and I say that as an avid canuck fan being pissed off ever since the loss.

Let's focus on the team, the great players we have and winning game 2 instead.

39 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If you think the Canucks haven't had some horrible officiating you need to turn in your white towel.

I love playoff intensity.  For both sides, not just one.

I didn't call two penalties within the first 5 minutes of the game, Sutherland did.  If you think that's contributing to "intensity", I'd say you're wrong.  Let them play and put the whistles in your pocket beside your teeth.

Then the Canucks should have played with more discipline, the way Minny did

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Then the Canucks should have played with more discipline, the way Minny did

Minny didn't....they got away with things.  I posted pics but am not going to dig them out.  You can decide for yourself.

They slashed, crosschecked and grabbed sticks from the bench.  The last one got Kunin a fine...that's "disciplined"?  Nope.  Not sure how you consider that acceptable.  Ferland checks a guy and the clowns on the bench prevent him from playing on?  Nope.  

But people see what they want to...I go back and check and get actual stills to see if I saw it wrong.

Anyhow water under the bridge...hoping we get a fairer shake tonight and, yes, that our team executives better and doesn't get sucked into Minny's trap.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Fans that criticize refs.... are only failing to critique their own team / players.

The solution for our club is to play better.. whining about the refs is a waste of time.

Suck it up... and play harder.     If our clubs plays well, the refs can impact the game enough to steal a victory from us. 

Bingo. Move your feet. Keep your stick down. Drive the net. Be patient. Make the refs make a call.

Edited by Chris12345

6 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

I didn't twist your words. I was referring to the comments made earlier not by you. 

I'm not calling out any calls yet. The reffing was fine. 

This is what you said "I don't want refs calling physical play because it makes playoff hockey intense."

You want it both ways. It's okay that Minnie got away with stuff because of physical play and it's also okay that we got weak calls against us that were less "physical" than many of the Wilds plays that weren't called.