The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

wtf lol goalie left his net that should be fair game

I don't think fair game like why Hordichuck went after the Dallas goalie at the time but if they missplay the puck they shouldn't be immune to everything, wandering out of their net should assume they aren't completely protected.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Nashville would have.  Poile said he was always their choice outside of the top-3 and they had keyed on him already in December.  Fwiw Nashville is the team rumoured to have had Pettersson at #1.

Fair enough. Now that you mention it I remember Nashville being bullish on him. I just remember him coming onto the scene a little late & being in the conversation with Ehlers/Nylander at the end for that next group of skill forward. 

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Ya I know . Just depressing to see the results of that draft now year later. It's fine though. Nobody drafts perfect.  

Yeah no doubt. That was the most polarizing pick I can remember. Top 5 was clear, then a clump of players after. Everyone wanted a different guy at #6.

• Like 1

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

That is a horse sh1t call. He lost the puck and Roussel has nowhere to go. 

not like that call isn't the norm, Roussel knows you're going to get clled anytime you make body contact with a goalie.  He didn't even try.

My personal opinion about that are irrelevant as that pretty much gets called every time, unless you're Mike Smith and you've burned that bridge with refs

• Vintage 1