The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Phase 2] NHL Draft Lottery for 1st overall to occur Monday 3 p.m. PT

Rate this topic

EP40.

30 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Compared to other 1st overalls his stats aren't that great, am I missing something? I get he played at 15 but he's a playmaking winger - I'd look into seeing if I could get the 3rd and 5th pick from Ottawa.

compares favourably against most 1st overalls in straight draft year stats -- going back to 2005, only crosby, kane and mcdavid have better ppg numbers. 

perspective:

lafreniere - 112p in 52gp

mcdavid - 120p in 47gp

if mcdavid is a consensus generational talent...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Called it.. I had a feeling NYR would get him 

Good to see and good for Laffy

I bet he's over the moon.. Going to the big Apple on an up and coming team.. He'll be a huge star in NHL playing there.. bright lights big city

Bright Lights, big city.  City of Angels.  

Single mother with two kids surviving on food stamps.  Decided to move to L.A.

"Bought my fate, straight from hell A second sight is paid off well For a mother, a brother and me."

A song I never get tire of playing.

Edited by stanleysteamersmyl
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

I was fine with the Rangers or Panthers winning it. Keep him in the east. Just hope they don’t bomb next year and get another lottery pick to select a future top pairing Dman like Luke Hughes

don't worry, we got the best Hughes. He hogged all the best genes. 

• Huggy Bear 3

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Absolutely perfect.  Lafreniere is going to an Eastern team.  Toronto doesn't get a pick at all.  And Edmonton gets the 14th pick which will translate into a prime AHL player.  Couldn't have scripted it any better if it was pre-planned...

EDM might still be able to use that to make some upgrades, we'll see. But hey at least they have Neal for 3 more years :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Man tough couple days for Leafs fans.

Not only did they lay a complete egg in their game 5 but now they lose the lottery and have to give up the 13th pick which could have landed them the help on D they need.

this might provide us with an opportunity. They only have 4.5 mil in cap space for next year. We might be able to retain 1/2 on Benn and grab their 2nd round pick. They won't be able to get anyone with Benn's experience or ability to play either side for 1 mil anywhere.