Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

16 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Agreed.

I am hoping we light up Binnington in the first game and get in his head. It's going to be interesting how he deals with the pressure of coming back as the cup champs with the pressure and expectation to win rather than going in as a rookie with nothing to lose. I would also not be surprised if we see a binnington slash on Roussel before the series is over

Binnignton doesn’t scare me in the least.    I’m sure we will get into his head ... Allen on the other hand is a great security blanket.   A top ten goalie for years before he lost his spot.   St Louis is going to win one game and that’s it.  Even with Allen. 

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

I couldn't let that go.

I loved Burr (his is the only jersey I have).  I never thought of Motte as anything other than what we have seen from him, but as soon as I read Heffy's post, visions of Motte playing a Burr role with Petey and Boeser went wild in my head.  Not that I expect it to happen, but damn we would be dangerous if it could, freeing up Miller to boost the 2nd line.  And he does it without the penalties!

Oh well, back to reality.  Good times ahead, regardless.  Just love how the team is shaping up this year.

It's a great comparison, as just like when Burr first arrived as a no name with no hype, Motte has impressed with his work ethic, speed, physicality (for his size), with some finish to boot.

One thing I found in the regular season is that we generally played very well against “good” teams. We faltered a bit with the lower ranked teams 

now that it is playoff time there are only “good” teams so we def won’t be taking anyone lightly

i am confident that the boys will amp up the intensity and give it all they have gain at the Blues 

green needs to preach discipline and emphasize that there is is no place for selfish penalties. Blues have the roster to burn us on the powerplay 

on O we need to keep our feet moving, drive to the net and force the Blues to take penalties 

we have a solid roster. If we play smart we can take the Blues out 

• Cheers 1

I wanted this matchup all year. 

They're a damn good team, but any team can win any series, and I loved the way we played against St. Louis during the regular season. That is but a distant memory and not particularly relevant now... but still. They were fun games.

This will be a hard-fought series, but it will be entertaining. 

I think Huggy Bear is just getting started though. He was the best player in the last series, and will have to be among the best again for us to proceed to the next round.

1 minute ago, nergish said:

I wanted this matchup all year. 

They're a damn good team, but any team can win any series, and I loved the way we played against St. Louis during the regular season. That is but a distant memory and not particularly relevant now... but still. They were fun games.

This will be a hard-fought series, but it will be entertaining. 

I think Huggy Bear is just getting started though. He was the best player in the last series, and will have to be among the best again for us to proceed to the next round.

Getting Tarasenko back is a massive boost though.  Win or lose, going up against a battle hardened group who know what it takes to win will be invaluable experience for this young group.  I'd hoped for Dallas because I feel they're easier to beat, but the experience of playing the Cup champs is probably more valuable

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ofcourse he would want the Calder and the Hart and the Pearson and the Vezina. 

But what I'm saying is both Binnington and Petey would rather have a Cup ring over the Calder or any/all of those troohies any day of the week and 16 times on Sunday. 

Would be hilarious is Petey lit em up.. but I predict 'Millertime" especially... 

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Getting Tarasenko back is a massive boost though.  Win or lose, going up against a battle hardened group who know what it takes to win will be invaluable experience for this young group.  I'd hoped for Dallas because I feel they're easier to beat, but the experience of playing the Cup champs is probably more valuable

Well what does it say if we win it against the sc champ's? And as much as the haters would hate it, we'd point to JB for that scenario..

Like the team overall, he's been getting valuable experience as well... 

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

A boost for sure.  But let’s not forget that we tempered the THIRD most productive player in the league the last quarter in Fiala.. I’m actually a Tarasenko fan, early on I thought he looked a little like Bure.  Fiala was more dangerous and I’m sure we can contain him.   I don’t think the Blues have it in them to beat us.   They will try of course but they will also fail. 

Edited by IBatch