The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 14th, 2020 | 3:30pm PT, SNP | R1G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

Can't see Stech and the Eagle being split up. If Juolevi is in for Fanta, I could see his being paired with Tanev for stability/mentoring, and Myers with Hughes to give him some protection if Perron maintains his shenanigans.

But I've seen nowt to suggest Fanta is out, so I am guessing the defense will be the same as last game

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Looking forward to the slightly earlier FO time.

hopefully we can go two up. Will be interesting  to see what/if STL changes make to try and counter us. 

Is it a midnight start time for you? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rush17 said:

I admire your dedication

Meantioned in the last PGT - currently on furlough so making use of the time to watch some games, as normally it’s a none starter with work. 

just enjoying the ride and the fact I get to watch Canucks games still (although my wife being a flyers fan I do think they might lift the cup this year and it will be unbearable) 

• Haha 2

Boyz are starting to get banged up but gotta be ready to battle. Virtanen and MacEwen are going to need to step up physically. Blues going to come out buzzing and hit everything that moves. Can't afford to give up an early goal. With all that said, the boyz showed they can play with the Blues and will be ready to go. 

Prediction 2-1 Canucks

• Like 1

There is no way the Blues want to get down 2-0 so I feel this their make it or break it game. They will make their adjustments and come out strong. Like others are saying, their bread and butter is throwing around their size, so I'm not going to lie - I fear for some of our guys. We will absolutely need to play hard as a team, but this is time for guys like Jake to shine.

Gonna be exciting. Early game so my son can watch the whole thing - he will be stoked.

Go Canucks!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Going up 2-0 against the champs would be hellllla sweet

This is a huge game. Going up 2-0 and forcing the Blues to win 4 of 5 against Marky would be incredibly hard for any team, let alone one that isn't on the top of their game and aren't a star-studded offensive powerhouse. 

• Vintage 1