The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Think that's more due to Binnington than anything. If we're being honest. Perron line is giving us the business.

well, they did have to get to Binnie in the first place :lol: the 6-40-9 line has shown it can take over a game too, lets let it work itself out, we've got something very special in the making there. 

Just now, flat land fish said:

A lot went wrong on the ot goal.  One of the wingers needed to take Hughes spot at the blue line.  Arguably Stecher needEd to read he was all lone and needed to protect the middle of the ice.  It was probably a trickle down from the pk as elder and Tanev I believe had been out together on the pk so we ran with a pairing of stech and Hughes so the chemistry isn’t quite the same.  Guys just need to keep on playing in the way that made them successful don’t get away from the good things we were doing.  I thought St. Louis committed to getting pucks to the net and sending multiple guys to go try and get a “greasy one”. We had lots of shots that produced rebounds didn’t see a lot of bodies getting to the net.  We need to get there tonight!

We didn’t run with stetch and Hughes, the puck was dumped in for a change, Hughes and BB were still on the ice chasing it in.

Stetcher (tanev), Bo(Petey) and Pearson (miller) got their swap those two didn’t. It wasn’t a pairing, stetcher would have been able to speak to Hughes on that play. The shift was 8 seconds long from jumping on the ice to the goal. 

If stetcher was on the ice when Hughes went in deep yes that’s one thing but he wasn’t. He went to seal the right boards as we had Hughes and BB on the forecheck with the puck at the right boards 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think it’s so funny how many times you flex that you played Junior B. :lol:

I played Junior B and I know of a few posters on here that have as well. Including some that you flex on that just don’t bother to mention that they played. 

Having played Junior B does not make you a Hockey expert. It’s one level up from Rep Hockey. Settle down lol

It surprises me that so many assume that others have not stepped on the ice. This is CDC, a hockey website, I would expect tons of players to hang around. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think it’s so funny how many times you flex that you played Junior B. :lol:

I played Junior B and I know of a few posters on here that have as well. Including some that you flex on that just don’t bother to mention that they played. 

Having played Junior B does not make you a Hockey expert. It’s one level up from Rep Hockey. Settle down lol

yeah, it's pretty embarrassing. 

he's pretty proud of topping out at a 9th grade education. :lol:

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

At this point special teams is winning us the series.   It’s the perfect time for it to be clicking as the Blues get one major and that’s the game for them (they lose). That said the refs have to be willing to call it and twice they probably should have (Myers and Sutter non boarding calls).  A player shouldn’t need to be lying bloodied on the ice in those cases...

Im starting to grow a healthy dislike for the Blues.   Was super happy for them last year but that’s all gone.  

Yeah I hate them now too. Taking cheap runs at our guys. Makes me want us to do the same but we can't do that.

We'll see what happens tonight. Its such a fine line for the refs as you say, I expect we'll get some PP's tonight.

Need to sit back less, and that starts with who you put out. As well as they've played, when your putting Beagle & Motte out your not trying to push for a goal.

I like the way Jake played. Hopefully he comes back with the same effort.

Also no chance they are taking Stecher out. They make it hard for him but he's battling through. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

25 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

55th year, this year. Prince George Spruce Kings and a National Midget Championship. (Wrigley tournament)

So as a Junior B player you should realize i am speaking from a perspective of personal experience..... although I played goal 

but we are the smartest guys in the ice  !!!

ps PG sucks 

• Haha 4

Just now, canuck2288 said:

So as a Junior B player you should realize i am speaking from a perspective of personal experience..... although I played goal 

but we are the smartest guys in the ice  !!!

ps PG sucks 

As am I.

I played RW and Center, plus a lot of D once I started play Beer League....

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Need to sit back less, and that starts with who you put out. As well as they've played, when your putting Beagle & Motte out your not trying to push for a goal.

I like the way Jake played. Hopefully he comes back with the same effort.

Also no chance they are taking Stecher out. They make it hard for him but he's battling through. 

Hmmm.  From what I saw the 4th (real 3rd line) was again great last night all playing above their pay-grade and the third line was ok but not great - especially given who they played against (quality of competition).   JV had one golden opportunity and didn’t even hit the net ... and wasn’t nearly as physical as the real third line.   Those guys were great last night and definitely deserved the extra ice time. 

Edit:  This isn’t about bashing JV, he’s been ok.  It’s about how good Motte Beagle and McEwen have played more then anything.   I expect a better effort from the third line tonight but will also say TT couldn’t get better sooner, and with apologies to JV he’s the odd man out as far as RWs go in this series.  If he can’t play against the weak competition how do people expect him to replace LE (your not saying that but I have read that proposal).   If he was hitting everything that moved like Motte is or doing something other then skating around waiting for something then maybe it would be different.   At this point the team can’t afford to wait.   And McEwen has definitely outplayed him. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1