The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 17, 2020 | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Ferarro was bang on. It's totally true as well that in addition to 2 more PP's than St.Louis we also gifted them 2 of their PP's while on our own PP. :picard: Not to mention Fantenberg gifting them one on the PK. Reffing was not the issue in this game. 

22 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Ferraro is quite funny... he doesn’t think the Canucks will beat the Blues 2 more times, he may be right but I think the Canucks win 1 and Marky will win the other. Last I checked #25 is big part of team and he’s due for a steal in this series which will push us on to round 2. :towel:

I bet Myers plays tomorrow.

If that happens, oh yeah.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I feel like this is actual a realist. A pessimist would write off the team and say it's time to overhaul the core. If we're being honest this team shouldn't win against the Blues. We were all just hoping for playoffs to try and develop the kids further. What better way to learn about playoff hockey than losing to the defending Cup champs? This series isn't over yet though. I can still see the team winning, but I'd be lying if I said I came in with the expectation this team should win this series. Hopeful, but that was never my expectation. Just wanted a good competitive series where the kids get their feet wet. Petey and Hughes have shown they can rise to the occasion, had some ups and downs for sure but have battled hard. So this series is doing exactly what I hoped it would. Regardless of whether or not the team wins the series.

I am frustrated as I feel many of the things the Blues changed could be countered and also we could have made several adjustments 

I get they are more experienced but I also don’t want an excuse for losing 

Our team has a strong roster and it will only get stronger in the next couple of years. We need to bring in experienced coaches that are capable of taking the team to the next level 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Ferraro is quite funny... he doesn’t think the Canucks will beat the Blues 2 more times, he may be right but I think the Canucks win 1 and Marky will win the other. Last I checked #25 is big part of team and he’s due for a steal in this series which will push us on to round 2. :towel:

get it to game 7 and then toss a coin.  Nucks are not going to lose 4 straight against the blues.  This is going 7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ferarro was bang on. It's totally true as well that in addition to 2 more PP's than St.Louis we also gifted them 2 of their PP's while on our own PP. :picard: Not to mention Fantenberg gifting them one on the PK. Reffing was not the issue in this game. 

The problem is we wouldn't have been on the PK when Fantenberg delivered that hit if we hadn't been assigned Sutherland. Bottom line is yet again, his conduct was completely unacceptable.  I don't know what it is going to take to force the league to hold that corrupt waste of oxygen accountable for his complete lack of respect for the league, the sport, his profession, and himself.  We probably lose that game regardless but when you have a known problem official once again refusing to conduct himself appropriately, he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

15 minutes ago, samurai said:

get it to game 7 and then toss a coin.  Nucks are not going to lose 4 straight against the blues.  This is going 7

i will be happy to see a game 7.  stay competitive to the end.  Blues are the bar to be measured against.  nothing surprising so far.    

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

tbh, St Louis has one very, very good line....this line is carrying the mail for them!

You are right. Hate to say this but the only way Canucks can beat the Blues is to cheap shot and potentially take O'Reilly out of the playoffs. From the looks of things, the willingness to be a dirty team is the path to the cup.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Wat 1

I'm predicting a Canuck victory tomorrow....even with Allen in net. The Blues had to work very hard to get the last two victories....if the Canucks can turn it up a notch, then they will win the game. 3-2 Canucks

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Not champions but our 2011 team had so much success because of Kes and Burr. Those guys were warriors. We don’t have players like that right now.

Lol what? 

Our team has way more than 2011.

Horvat vs Kesler 

Miller vs Burrows 

Roussel vs Lapierre 

Sutter vs Higgins

Beagle vs Malhotra 

Myers vs Bieksa 

Then there's Motte, McEwan, JV (?) 

Petterson and Boeser play with more bite than Daniel and Henrik 

I wouldn't trade this team for 2011

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

Also a wrecking ball in torres. 

Yuh I was focusing more on the primary guys who could put up points and play with some attitude, but we had some good physical players, Glass, Torres, Alberts, Hamhuis, Juice, etc. Also agitator in Lappy :lol:

Wish some of out guys played with Kesler and Burr's attitude. 

That's why I like Tkachuk so much, he's a bitch, but he's a good bitch. Idek if that made sense.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol what? 

Our team has way more than 2011.

Horvat vs Kesler 

Miller vs Burrows 

Roussel vs Lapierre 

Sutter vs Higgins

Beagle vs Malhotra 

Myers vs Bieksa 

Then there's Motte, McEwan, JV (?) 

Petterson and Boeser play with more bite than Daniel and Henrik 

I wouldn't trade this team for 2011

Focusing more on the attitude and mean style of play. Horvat not even close to Kes when it comes to that. Just look at my sig, that's the type of guy Kes was, wasn't afraid to start some $&!#, snow showers, throw big hits, fight, agitate. That's why teams hated us. 

Only comparison you got right here was Lappy and Rooster.

Also, 2011 team far better than this current team, but this team has far more potential, very young. 

• Cheers 1