The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 17, 2020 | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Blaze04 said:

Agree this experience will shape not just for him but Jim, what is required through the off season. First time I have seen my team in the Play-offs and I'm learning if honest. Green hinted at it, one off games i.e. league is very very different to a match up 7 game series. Loving the highs, not the lows LOL but everyone is on a journey on the team if not been through this before. Big push tonight needed and hope with a rest we have a little more spark

Agreed.

im not with the crowd that says this is just for experiance so it doesn’t matter how far we go. I’m hoping the mentality from the team is to win and see how far they can go and not just get experiance.

for me the learning process along the way from trying to go as deep as possible is where you gain experience, if you just want to participate then you won’t get the same depth of learning.

hopefully we get the result tonight however I have seen green showing he has been learning and adapting so expect to see some tweaks tonight (hopefully not a line blender though) but if we don’t as long as we go down fighting and trying to win then that’s all I can ask 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol what? 

Our team has way more than 2011.

Horvat vs Kesler 

Miller vs Burrows 

Roussel vs Lapierre 

Sutter vs Higgins

Beagle vs Malhotra 

Myers vs Bieksa 

Then there's Motte, McEwan, JV (?) 

Petterson and Boeser play with more bite than Daniel and Henrik 

I wouldn't trade this team for 2011

You can't be serious... I thought about making a counter argument but literally almost everything about this is wrong so I don't think there's a point.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sassbs said:

Lmao you clearly did not watch the players mentioned in 2011.  
bieska was just a whole other animal compared to Myers.

malhotra all day long compared to beagle

borrows was a pest who could actually score!

lapierre over rousell any day of the week.

dont forget about raffi Torres whom this team desperately needs a player like that!

kesler was great in 2011.  He had another nastiest to him.  I love bo but kess was amazing then!   Higgins waaaay better than sutter! 
the only thing I agree with you is Peterson playing with more bite. Please don’t say boeser plays with bite cause we all know he doesn’t.

as mentioned before, 2011 team would crush 2020 team, and the bitch slap them on their way out for good measure!  

Pettersson absolutely has more bite, but definitely not as much impact yet as the Sedins' prime where they were scoring at will and winning Art Ross' easily.

23 hours ago, Timråfan said:

My solution is to put Loui on pp1, park him on front of the goalie wich free up space for the others, and take Horvat to PP2 so out second unit get some power. 

Loui is close to score in that position so use him there. 

image.png.f635d00d0abe96b0a0c2a63792a06313.png

HAHA....loui on PP1.....good one!!   I mean why not....he has sooooo many points already!!!

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

play Kole Lind we need goals 

If there was ever a time to play him, it was last game. Something about not throwing rookies to the wolves, like the Edmonton model. IF Lind is still in the bubble, he's already learning so much about what he needs to do to make the club next season. Let's not touch that . 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

If there was ever a time to play him, it was last game. Something about not throwing rookies to the wolves, like the Edmonton model. IF Lind is still in the bubble, he's already learning so much about what he needs to do to make the club next season. Let's not touch that . 

For sure.   Besides the first in would be AG (assuming TT isn’t ready).   Lind is there for insurance over a long run for depth - and like you said - to gain good experience practicing with the big club same with OJ although he’s actually played a few minutes.    

The team needs to get to Allen to tonight and show a willingness to park in front of him ... Expect a minor tweak or two in the lineup combos but that’s about it.

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol what? 

Our team has way more than 2011.

Horvat vs Kesler 

Miller vs Burrows 

Roussel vs Lapierre 

Sutter vs Higgins

Beagle vs Malhotra 

Myers vs Bieksa 

Then there's Motte, McEwan, JV (?) 

Petterson and Boeser play with more bite than Daniel and Henrik 

I wouldn't trade this team for 2011

2011 wins a best of 7 series in 3 games against these guys...

2020 BARELY made the playoffs. 2011 ran away with the presidents trophy.

Anyone have an mvp in 2020? Nope.

Anyone win the Selkee? Art Ross?  Jennings?

Sami Salo can still shoot harder than all 6 dman now. Bieksa could still beat up every player on the Canucks now.

Do you think Troy Stetcher or Tyler Motte even get invited to camp during 2011? Nope.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

2011 wins a best of 7 series in 3 games against these guys...

2020 BARELY made the playoffs. 2011 ran away with the presidents trophy.

Anyone have an mvp in 2020? Nope.

Anyone win the Selkee? Art Ross?  Jennings?

Sami Salo can still shoot harder than all 6 dman now. Bieksa could still beat up every player on the Canucks now.

Do you think Troy Stetcher or Tyler Motte even get invited to camp during 2011? Nope.

Really miss having someone like Salo on the team. That slapper from Salo was lethal 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Really miss having someone like Salo on the team. That slapper from Salo was lethal 

Very solid defender as well:  no real weaknesses in his game except being prone to injury.

Myers going down has exposed  our lack of depth at RD.  Benn stepped in and did a good job, but you can't ask Stetcher to shut down the O'Reilly line.  When they're not flat out overpowering him physically, they run subtle picks and isolate him on localized 2 on 1s.  Stech is all heart but him and Edler are not up to this job.  The only way to turn things around with current personnel is for the forwards to get even more involved defensively.  Taking the body would be a good place to start, but Schwartz and O'Reilly are both pretty elusive:  that leaves Perron as target #1!

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Lind is not in the bubble.  They took the NHL roster + Graovac, Bailey at F.

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Kole is not in the bubble.  He didn't go at all. B)