The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, theo5789 said:

Define discount. The flat cap means no team will be able to throw him a Bobrovsky type contract. He's not even valued enough by the GMs to vote him as a Vezina finalist this year. He wants to be here, we will make it work. Not worried.

He will be valued now in the North American stage 

trust me I want to keep him just worried we may not be able to 

45 minutes ago, kingfreako said:

If you need a laugh, go back and re-read some of the comments in the GDT from about an hour and a half ago.

The critical thinkers only come out to play when things aren’t going the Canucks way. After a win, it’s crickets.

After all, there is no joy to be had from success. :frantic:

• Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

My wife is trying to explain to her sister in law why I’m going nuts right now. She having trouble why I act the way I do during game night. Like seriously leave me alone. 

Should have given up like mine. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I miss John and John.

Wish they were the voices of this.

That said - I like DeBrusk - and Cuthbert has that classic voice - that enhances the game (brings the hype to the CFL as well).

I think right now Louie is one of the best in the biz

1.If Markstrom could have scored a goal.... thats the only thing that would have impressed me more then him standing on his head tonight. !!

2.Loved Hrudey giving him the top tender respect tonight. Also Bieksa telling Elliot that’s “the only six pack you’ll ever see” without cracking a smile. What a beauty. 

3. gutsy win by the boys tonight. Loved Motter you could see these goals coming he’s working it. Virtanen gets some real minutes and produces. Hopefully silencing his hate fan club in the forum for just one day. 

4. can we please not stand around and create a shooting gallery at the end of every game when we are ahead by one goal. I’d prefer not to have a heart attack !

Edited by Bertorama
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

All we can do is hope they pull that final rabbit out of the hat. 

We are never gonna outplay the defending champs convincingly who were the top team in the west.

Almost like the Blues have an on/off switch. I feel like I'm hanging on for dear life when they put the pedal down. Stoked for our boys but man, what a team they have over there. Our stars are still kids and short on playoff/battle experience. Hopefully the snoozy giants show up on Friday. GCG!

Just now, 1-d said:

Should have given up like mine. :lol:

Mine learned years ago to keep herself and the kids out of the room when the Canucks are playing  ::D

There's something humbling about your daughter asking "so dad.... how you doing there guy?"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I miss John and John.

Wish they were the voices of this.

That said - I like DeBrusk - and Cuthbert has that classic voice - that enhances the game (brings the hype to the CFL as well).

Cuthbert IS the CFL football guy in my mind. He's a fantastic announcer.

Louie DeBust could take a hike but he's still better than Kevin Weeks and I'm thoroughly happy that there's no Dave Dandorf here. Dave's a knowledgable play caller but... that voice... it's just... not good for thith.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

But this is a young team learning.  The way they played in the 3rd was so impressive (especially down Edler), like they finally stopped watching the defending champs and took it too them instead.

They sure are and main am I proud to be a Canucks fan right now. Feels so good to be able to say that again.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

Louie doesn’t really like the Canucks though. It’s nice to have a homer broadcast team calling your game. 

It would be like Hrudey calling a Canucks game.

Hrudey is still melting down to this day because of how many times Bure burned him and made him look like a chump 25-30 years ago.

Edited by brownky
  • Haha 2