The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twitter reacts to Kevin Bieksa

Rate this topic

It does feel like Bieksa's casual feel is a much needed boost to the analyst section. It currently feels like it's still run with an older more traditional mindset of an overemphasis on professionalism and Bieksa is bringing in what in my mind is a much-needed more contemporary style, that's less focused on being perfectly professional and moreso on entertaining the audience.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

It does feel like Bieksa's casual feel is a much needed boost to the analyst section. It currently feels like it's still run with an older more traditional mindset of an overemphasis on professionalism and Bieksa is bringing in what in my mind is a much-needed more contemporary style, that's less focused on being perfectly professional and moreso on entertaining the audience.

Hopefully when SN made the hire they were like, hey we love what you've been doing on your podcast and stuff. Say whatever you wanna say.

The panel has been so dull for many, many years now, and Kev's injecting some of that juice (heh) to otherwise, pretty boring personalities like Cassie and, what's that others guys name? Anthony Stewart? And some how made Ron tolerable. He's made everyone in these segments better. When you have a guy trending nationally for something GOOD you struck gold

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

is bieska the new cherry? 

19 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Flames fans calling for him to be fired, LOL.

they need to sit through decades of this first to know what its like to be a Canucks fan, we've had to take crap from talking heads for years. 

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

they need to sit through decades of this first to know what its like to be a Canucks fan, we've had to take crap from talking heads for years. 

right? like he didn't say anything bad he just said he wasn't a flames fan and laughed. They're saying it's unprofessional, lol!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

right? like he didn't say anything bad he just said he wasn't a flames fan and laughed. They're saying it's unprofessional, lol!

unprofessional..... how many times have we have to watch games where the play by play guy didn't even know (or bother to say) a Canucks players name? DeBrusk has been OK so far, but in the regular season he makes it clear he's not much of a fan. 

KB just wears it on his sleeve. Good for him. 

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

unprofessional..... how many times have we have to watch games where the play by play guy didn't even know (or bother to say) a Canucks players name? DeBrusk has been OK so far, but in the regular season he makes it clear he's not much of a fan. 

KB just wears it on his sleeve. Good for him. 

Bieksa should make some reference to "Bieska" some time.

If another analyst had said the same thing about the Canucks I'm sure many of us would not be too thrilled about it.  Having said that, anyone who has followed Bieksa for a long time would know that his trolling is pretty evenly distributed.  Having an analyst admit that he's not a fan of your team while giving a fair assessment for why there might be some hope for fans is a lot less annoying than having analysts just rag on your team or give takes that often take a negative slant on your team's players.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

Kevin will become the best analyst in canadian hockey.  He was a warrior on the ice, yet everyone that played with or against him sings his praises.. Glad he is a canuck.  Keep making that painful 20 minutes between periods watchable.  Go canucks go.

I think the most painful thing is the lack of sense of humour from the rest of the panel. Dead straight-faced robots that can't even crack a smile. Now I get why Bieksa could rub people the wrong way and he should try to act a bit unbiased, eg not actually say on air that he's not a Flames fan (which I think was the only thing that wasn't necessary to say), so I understand the reaction to it. However that's just him in a nutshell, he's going to chirp and call people out. And honestly, that's just how media works, they troll fanbases and incite them and that draws viewership for whatever reason. Just for the first time, we get to see how it's done to the opposing fans rather than us.

• Cheers 2

Was expecting some serious barbs.  As good as KB3 and David Amber(hes gotta be a Nuck fan) are the rest of that panel makes it unwatchable.  Ron McLean will just say one thing like 'Canucks PP' then someone like Cassie Campbell will say something so obvious like 'they need to score on the man advantage.' then McLean goes 'Jake Allen' then it's someone like Kelly Hrudley 'I like Jake Allen...'  wow, some in-depth analysis right there. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1