The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blues game 6. Canucks lead 3-2. 6:45pm!

Rate this topic

You Mad Bro?

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

What on earth could Ron MacLean talk about then?

Don’t even understand his role anymore other then for some semblance of continuity.     Would much rather hear what Cherry thinks about the playoffs.   But I suppose that’s not allowed anymore instead we have McLean marching hockey cards with new idiotic talking heads. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Rooney refereed Game 1 of this series (VAN W 5-2) while O’Rourke worked Game 2 (VAN W 4-3OT).

O’Rourke (with Joannette)
Round-Robin: STL/COL (STL L 1-2)
Qual:
 ARI/NSH Gm2, EDM/CHI Gm3, VAN/MIN Gm4 (VAN W 5-4OT)
Round 1: ARI/COL Gm1, VAN/STL Gm2 (VAN W 4-3OT), DAL/CGY Gm4

Rooney (with McIsaac)
Round-Robin: VGK/STL (STL L 4-6), VGK/COL
Qual: WPG/CGY Gm1, CHI/EDM Gm2, MIN/VAN Gm2 (VAN W 4-3)
Round 1: VAN/STL Gm1 (VAN W 5-2)
, CGY/DAL Gm3, VGK/CHI Gm4

Edited by Mackcanuck

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I find it hilarious that young children use the word $&!#e and frack in their everyday language. It doesn't really hurt anyone and we should be able to express ourselves. Really words don't mean anything. We're just a bunch of growling monkeys. Except the C word is hurtful and the N word is out of bounds.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/swearing-study-intelligent-intelligence-university-of-rochester-a7916516.html%3famp

21 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Sorry UK fan, I like your posts, but couldn't listen to this over-rated absolute-$&!#e band.

Time magazine had a front cover issue on them saying they were greater than The Beatles.

That was the end of that magazine's credibility for me.

Wow, you're missing out on some great music. I mean .. they're all wankers after all. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Don’t even understand his role anymore other then for some semblance of continuity.     Would much rather hear what Cherry thinks about the playoffs.   But I suppose that’s not allowed anymore instead we have McLean marching hockey cards with new idiotic talking heads. 

Tonight Ron will probably show us video of himself on a bike ride this morning with Alex Burrows hockey cards in the spokes...

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I don’t care what happens today or next game ... all I want is to see the team come down the hall after the game one more time with Pina Colada’s blaring in the background. 

I like Pina Coladas, and dancing in the rain.

Just to be clear. I don't love you. Like .. but not love.

Edited by Gawdzukes

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

How about no pairings and go back to a one-ref system?

Bingo.   Sure their union wouldn’t like it but as far as I’m concerned it’s about as old news as the shoot-out has become.   The entire purpose of two refs has been negated now with how the game is played given coaches challenges plus camera angles and video replay.   The flow would work a lot better with one less official on the ice - just give the linesman powers to call major infractions .  The ref won’t miss what’s going on around the puck.   The worst thing is when a different ref calls a penalty right in front of the other ref who sees the play and doesn’t think it’s worthy.  Scandalous and every time reduced the integrity.   Two whistles isn’t better.   I get what it came to that but some of the worst officiating in the history of the NHL has occurred the past 18 months.   Time to go back to what worked the first 90 years or so for a reason.  And it’s not the dead puck era anymore and cracking down isn’t needed. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

I wouldn’t be happy if I was Dallas. They don’t even get an extra day’s rest. 

It's all in an effort to condense the schedule. If we can get 2,3 or 5 days ahead this is going to be a huge success. I don't blame the Bettman at all for this one. It's really important for many reasons. 

13 minutes ago, Boest-er said:

I may get a lot of hate for saying this but,

With my heart I hope the canucks win today and feel what its like to have the stanley cup champs in desperation mode playing insane hockey

With my brain, I want the Canucks to go to game 7,( either win or lose... hopefully win game 7) for no other reason then understanding the mentality it takes to complete a whole 7 game series against an extremely formidable team, and how we as a team must fight back and the mentality/hunger they are going to have to have in order to win future series.

Either way Go Canucks Go, no matter what I'll support you!

Oh No What GIF by Originals

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Boest-er said:

I may get a lot of hate for saying this but,

With my heart I hope the canucks win today and feel what its like to have the stanley cup champs in desperation mode playing insane hockey

With my brain, I want the Canucks to go to game 7,( either win or lose... hopefully win game 7) for no other reason then understanding the mentality it takes to complete a whole 7 game series against an extremely formidable team, and how we as a team must fight back and the mentality/hunger they are going to have to have in order to win future series.

Either way Go Canucks Go, no matter what I'll support you!

How about let’s pretend tonight is their game 7 and win it?! Playing the defending champs is a battle itself, I hear what you’re saying but you take care of business at hand. As Coach Green said, they are not here to learn.... they are here to win. Focus all thoughts and energy into this game and complete the task at hand. Let’s Goooooo!!!

:towel:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1