The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

48 minutes ago, x00x said:

no sheet, a white 8 yr old boy was shot in the head, and nothing was mentioned or posted about that, but as soon as a black person gets shot , the whole world stops...what about that 8yr old boy and his family? not onething was mentioned anywere.

hence why i posted above its more than just one race its all races.

But yes, if all sports boycott, its gonna suck, and to be honest doubt its gonna change much if anything of whats happening in the world now... things do need to change agree, but people cant expect it to happen over night, theres still gonna be injustice all over vs all races, but onlytime can heal and mend wounds

When did the police shoot an 8 year old kid? 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cluminati* said:

A gentle reminder..this thread is for game #3 of the Canucks vs Knights. Let’s respect the rules of the forum and stay on topic. Keep the politics out please.

Whether the game goes or not, we have to respect the decision made. We’ll be ready to cheer on our boys anytime!

Go Canucks Go! 

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

yes all lives mater dude but not all lives are looked at as equal and that is the problem. The reason people get pissed off when white people make statements like "white lives matter" is because white people were never treated in a way to insinuate that their lives didn't matter. Meanwhile when it comes to black lives, white people stole them from their native lands and sold them as slaves. They were literally treated like their lives didn't matter. they have since spent so many years scratching and clawing just to have their lives mean something. Their hard work has paid off and now people in the black community actually have a chance at a good life. However even with this progression they are still not treated equally and why? because their skin is a little darker than ours? It is pretty pathetic how society is. It is much worse in the states so as Canadians we do not  have it shoved in our face. If you want an equivalent look at indigenous people in Canada. So yes all lives do matter but ffs just let them have this one.... 

Without going over the whole post, the sentiment is correct but the context not quite.

The white man ripping them from their land is only one part of the story and to focus on just that is reductive reasoning and also doesn’t help solve societal problems of today (I would implore you to look up the apologies from the west African nations) the eastern slave trade etc.

the issues with BLM isn’t that black lives matter more or should than others, just that the value placed on life is lower. 

Also it’s reductive to place all Black people as supporters of BLM or as one group. They are not and BLM is just one approach which has been taken. 

also the struggles of Black people in different western countries are not the same. Fundamentally there is a level of racism but the cultural and societal structures make for different propositions.

i would also implore people not to reduce black people as a group to just being ex-slaves, and scratching around for existence, by doing so as much as you are wanting to be supporting you are framing a narrative that has been used to suppress people for countless generations 

• Cheers 3

US politics is a cesspool. The sooner Rump is out the better.

I think we should announce that 'the NHL will be donating proceeds from the game to BLMs'. But if we did pause a day Myers gets closer.

If the game does go, Vegas will be out for revenge. Targeting our young stars.

1 hour ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Hrudy is an idiot and nonsensical most of the time.

He probably doesn't even understand this American problem anyway. 

I hope the Canucks come out strong!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

Athletes should have opinions on their worlds but cancelling games to fit political agendas do not make sense to me. Play the games and try to bring people together rather than make ill informed gestures. Start the games with a recognition of the loss. One has to ask where does it stop? 

2 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Without going over the whole post, the sentiment is correct but the context not quite.

The white man ripping them from their land is only one part of the story and to focus on just that is reductive reasoning and also doesn’t help solve societal problems of today (I would implore you to look up the apologies from the west African nations) the eastern slave trade etc.

the issues with BLM isn’t that black lives matter more or should than others, just that the value placed on life is lower. 

Also it’s reductive to place all Black people as supporters of BLM or as one group. They are not and BLM is just one approach which has been taken. 

also the struggles of Black people in different western countries are not the same. Fundamentally there is a level of racism but the cultural and societal structures make for different propositions.

i would also implore people not to reduce black people as a group to just being ex-slaves, and scratching around for existence, by doing so as much as you are wanting to be supporting you are framing a narrative that has been used to suppress people for countless generations 

I respect your post. but as stated by another user below my original post we need to keep this chat to hockey so glad you are a Canucks fan and GO Cancucks Go. 

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I respect your post. but as stated by another user below my original post we need to keep this chat to hockey so glad you are a Canucks fan and GO Cancucks Go. 

Apologies didn’t see that- will return to Canucks talk now.