The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 01, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Beagle = 78% in the faceoff circle tonight.

#production.

When we got Beagle, few were paying attention to this about him.

Now we have multiple guys that can maintain high FO% throughout the lineup (even Miller), it's going to be a huge contributing factor to our future success. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Marky might get an offer that the Canucks can’t match. If so, then we have to move on.

Recognizing this is not cause for laughter. 

I’d rather keep Marky, but if it doesn’t work out, then it’s good to know that we have a rising star in the wings.

I was responding to all the let Marky walk comments. You mentioned nothing about a better offer from another team unless I missed it?

Sure some team may outbid the Nucks and if that happens I would be fine with Demko and maybe a Greiss another 1b type for a couple of years.

But based on everything we know about Marky and the fact that Benning has said he is the top priority, I think they split the difference and go 5.5 mill, term I have no idea but perhaps Marky takes an even friendlier deal money-wise, in exchange for more term? 

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

There's no maybe about it. They are "better". Vegas has two experienced "in their prime" first lines on borrowed cap space.

But our defence IS better, and our goaltending has been standing on its absolute head... which is really all you can hope for in the playoffs, is that your goalie gets hot and you can just ride it through.

Green's got a tough decision, does he flip back to Marky who is probably still bagged, or run Demko again after such a hard performance... but he's definitely warm.

I don't envy the choice, but regardless of who Green goes with, it's no longer "the wrong choice" due to playing Demko for this one. That was the hard, bold move to make and it paid off.

Go with Demko in game 6 and if Marky is ready, go with him in game 7.

4 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Motte has been exceptional during the playoffs, we need to keep hold of him. 

would also like to see him up the line with Horvat and miller for a bit, I’ve got a feeling he would do well there and give him some more shooting opportunities.

only issue with that is who fills his spot lower down half as well as him!

yep - might have to look to fill his role as he climbs the lineup - ala Honeybadger, Burrows....

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Beast-mode in the face-off circle. And -  Bo will get his mojo back in the next game, too!

Something seems wrong with Horvat.

Last game - had 75% ozone starts - absolutely uncharacteristic.  Unless I'm missing something strategic, that is unusual.

And tonight - struggled - particularly in the faceoff circle, uncharacteristically.  If he in fact is not 100%, while clearly Miller is not, and Sutter appears likewise - it's quite remarkable to pull off a victory like that imo.  Thankfully Beagle was a beast tonight.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oregon.Duck said:

Let me tell you about a story where the Canucks traded for a great goalie from Florida to be our starter. Then a well regarded Canuck-drafted American goalie who played for Boston College (#35) joined the Canucks in the big leagues. Only to create an interesting goaltending scenario within the organization. 

Hmmm...I’ve seen this story before. 

Deja vu - must be a glitch in the matrix 

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

yep - might have to look to fill his role as he climbs the lineup - ala Honeybadger, Burrows....

Got a couple in Utica who are being groomed  -  Jasek and Lind (bonus with Jasek is that he has been playing center and has done quite well in that position)

Both are decent size: Jasek 6'1 and 184 lbs,  Lind 6'1 and 178

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Got a couple in Utica who are being groomed  -  Jasek and Lind (bonus with Jasek is that he has been playing center and has done quite well in that position)

Both are decent size: Jasek 6'1 and 184 lbs,  Lind 6'1 and 178

I  love Lind, but watched him throughout junior - hard to picture him as a 4th liner, but he does have the jam.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol thanks VM, my post was alluding to the fact that every time I work and don’t watch the game, the boys win a nail-biter. Somehow my karma won’t let the Nucks win when I watch. I’m resigned to not watching if it means they continue winning. 

Not that I believe in stupidstition. 

But, I do believe in the ‘Observer Effect’ of Physics. ;)

I believe mental (spiritual) energy can effect & make contact with the spirits of others -  if they are welcome to it! What you are now feeling, believing & projecting will be the energy sent out! If by not watching, you feel more hopeful about their chances,..go with that! I felt prompted to search for more Canucks’ trappings to display & found this thin blanket — out of the blue, and was  prompted to wear it draped like a scarf. It energized me with extra hope for the lads and I did my best to send good thoughts their way. They’re playing for each other, their coach & they’re playing the game the right way. That’s something worth rewarding & making them role-models for the next generation to follow. After 50 years - Canucks Nation & their team are due for more than just a few happy surprises! Believe it & make it so! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1