The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bruins to trade Krug’s UFA rights - COL/FLA/VGK/DET among favourites

EP40.

Easily one of the top producing dmen in the league for a number of years now.

Crazy how often at least in recent history it seems Boston isn’t able/willing to pay their prime/young players to contract extensions and trade them or their rights away (Kessel/Seguin/Hamilton). 

...don’t see the sense in this for the Bruins with their aging core. Maybe they’re still able to get a deal done?

16 minutes ago, EP40. said:
Crazy how often at least in recent history it seems Boston isn’t able/willing to pay their prime/young players to contract extensions and trade them or their rights away (Kessel/Seguin/Hamilton). 

...don’t see the sense in this for the Bruins with their aging core. Maybe they’re still able to get a deal done?

Kessel and Hamilton, yes. Both trades were made with the threat of a looming offer sheet. Seguin they paid but he underperformed in their Cup run which culminated in a loss to the Blackhawks. They also released the behind the scenes discussion on the Seguin trade, 'if he only gave us half of what Patrick Kane did for the Hawks'.

Edited by Toews
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Toews said:

Kessel and Hamilton, yes. Both trades were made with the threat of a looming offer sheet. Seguin they paid but he underperformed in their Cup run which culminated in a loss to the Blackhawks. They also released the behind the scenes discussion on the Seguin trade, 'if he only gave us half of what Patrick Kane did for the Hawks'.

The Seguin trade had a lot more to do with his immaturity. He didn't see to care and still doesn't about hockey. He is more of a talented player who would rather party than play hockey. If he worked hard and put in effort he could be a hell of a lot better.

18 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Colorado makes no sense they already have Girard. They don't need to pay Krug big $$$ their blue-line would start looking hella small.

And what sense does Vegas make?

They have Theodore (and Schmidt).

They have Martinez and McNabb on the left side.

They don't really have the cap - and have to sign Lehner (or another goaltender) and a couple good young bottom 6 forwards that are RFAs...

Sounds like a loopy source.

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

I'd love to see Krug on the Canucks.  Don't know how plausible it is.

No Krug 29 years old is another small D man 5'9 offence will demand 5.8- 6.2 million x 4 years--- Big No 

We need Stay at home under 27 there will be a better fit..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EP40. said:

Easily one of the top producing dmen in the league for a number of years now.

Besides what has already been mentioned, Bruins also have an internal cap structure.  Everyone gets a portion of the cap in such a way that it allows them to ice a cup contender.  

I'm really hoping that Benning follows something similar and that Elias and Quinn take reasonable deals.  I don't think that Toronto will ever be able to build depth on their team with their 10 mil/year contracts. 

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Seriously? lol.

Never liked Seguin but man that's cruel.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

And what sense does Vegas make?

They have Theodore (and Schmidt).

They have Martinez and McNabb on the left side.

They don't really have the cap - and have to sign Lehner (or another goaltender) and a couple good young bottom 6 forwards that are RFAs...

Sounds like a loopy source.

I didn't even get past Colorado, lol.

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

No Krug 29 years old is another small D man 5'9 offence will demand 5.8- 6.2 million x 4 years--- Big No 

We need Stay at home under 27 there will be a better fit..

Krug plays bigger than his frame and is pretty durable. Only issue with Krug in Vancouver is salary objectively speaking. 

3 hours ago, mll said:

I always found this to be funny.   Offered 6.5 a year for 6 years!!!    Brain surgeons, Rocket scientist and Steven freakin hawkin doesn’t/didn’t  even make that!  Ffs you’re playing hockey. I would love to get a job that pays me $70k a year let alone 6.5 million lol

Edited by sassbs
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

21 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I always found this to be funny.   Offered 6.5 a year for 6 years!!!    Brain surgeons, Rocket scientist and Steven freakin hawkin doesn’t/didn’t  even make that!  Ffs you’re playing hockey. I would love to get a job that pays me $70k a year let alone 6.5 million lol

so the already billionaires should just keep and make more money? Brain surgeons don't risk their bodies or draw crowds of 20,000+ to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars to watch them. 

• Haha 1