The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Braden Holtby | #49 | G

-SN-

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

post-expansion I think we'll have takers for Holtby. So we lose Lind but maybe recover a 3rd from Boston, e.g. 

Or we just keep him and have a solid tandem to run with. We don't need to dump Holtby at all. 

I agree there’s no need to dump him, but if it only cost Lind or Gads then freeing up 2 mil in cap can be used to go towards signing a third line centre, or middle six winger.  

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree there’s no need to dump him, but if it only cost Lind or Gads then freeing up 2 mil in cap can be used to go towards signing a third line centre, or middle six winger.  

thats true. I don't like the idea of giving anything extra to the Krak-heads tho. I'd rather send him to Boston. 

12 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Seattle interested in Holtby, but want Canucks to retain salary.

Rick D says Canucks as of right now are going to protect Kole Lind.

Can a team retain salary on a player Seattle selects?  Wouldn’t that require a trade?  

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can a team retain salary on a player Seattle selects?  Wouldn’t that require a trade?  

Would require a trade.

Wouldnt be the worst move for us but I think we can get a team to take on Holtbys full cap after the expansion draft.

No need to do Seattle any favours here. If they want Holtby they can take him at his full cap or take Gadjovich, Highmore, or Bowey.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Would require a trade.

Wouldnt be the worst move for us but I think we can get a team to take on Holtbys full cap after the expansion draft.

No need to do Seattle any favours here. If they want Holtby they can take him at his full cap or take Gadjovich, Highmore, or Bowey.

Preferably Highmore or Bowey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Seattle interested in Holtby, but want Canucks to retain salary.

Rick D says Canucks as of right now are going to protect Kole Lind.

Rick D and Drance are only a bit better than Eklund at this point.

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Would require a trade.

Only way it makes sense is if trading Holtby with say $1.5m retention in exchange for them selecting... Roussel?

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

:lol:

Probably require some mathing, but Holtby with $X retained in exchange for them selecting Roussel would still free up a LOT of cap.

For sure. In the end having that room is important. Whomever isn't traded or sacrificed to the Kraken comes off the books next season. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

So who would want to be trading for him and have an opening to protect him for the expansion draft??  Because if they don't trade for him before the draft, then they risk just having him stolen by Seattle.

He he that's the intriguing part right? Deadline getting close for the protection lists...

45 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

So who would want to be trading for him and have an opening to protect him for the expansion draft??  Because if they don't trade for him before the draft, then they risk just having him stolen by Seattle.

Have to have a goalie exposed to Seattle, so seriously doubt Holtby gets traded before expansion.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Have to have a goalie exposed to Seattle, so seriously doubt Holtby gets traded before expansion.  

We could easily get a goalie back in a trade.

If Seattle has interest in Holtby other teams would be wise to trade for him now if they want him.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We could easily get a goalie back in a trade.

If Seattle has interest in Holtby other teams would be wise to trade for him now if they want him.

Have to have that goalie to expose before moving Holtby.