The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Nate Schmidt to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

4 hours ago, apollo said:

My least favorite part is definitely the overpriced homes... As I mentioned I'm a renter myself and always frustrated at how over priced this market is... If you're smart though, u can find good bang for your buck... Just have to be ok with living in an older building and renting 

Lack lusture culture I can't agree with u on at all though. The city is so diverse and has people from all over the world. You can find different cultures in each neighborhood. The beauty of it is that you can choose to stay away from certain spots if those aren't what you like. 

Italian neighbourhoods, Asian, Indian, etc and plenty of good white people too. Tbh if I had to say which BC city are friendliest I'd  probably say the ones from Kelowna... For the most part a white town 

Yea rush hour traffic isn't good in van. It's best not to be driving during rush hour, but otherwise I've never had any issues getting around. You get this with every big city, Toronto LA worse imo.

I used to commute about 2 hours each way, North shore to Richmond for about 8 years. Definitely not fun but it's up to you at end of the day to make choices about driving less 

And your final point... Rainfall... We moved here in 1998, it used to rain A LOT... But past few years... I'm not sure if it's due to global warming or not, the weather is perfect here, so many sunny days and rain barely lasts long when it comes. It's definitely got the best climate in Canada if u ask me 

Once you take out Chinese and Indians out of Vancouver, there is very little diversity.

Toronto is 10 times more diverse than Vancouver, I am not even mentioning N.Y, L.A, London etc.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I thought this was a thread about Schmidt not about whether Vancouver is a really good city or a great city.

I'd say it's pretty good.

Definitely not great, certainly above average...but not great.

If it had more history/culture/affordability it could be spectacular but for now it's good/pretty good.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

If we are talking diversity through immigration, Winnipeg may take that one.

I forgot to mention the huge Italian contingent as well.

most times I think of diversity on the prairies I remember this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Canadian_internment

"

The Ukrainian Canadian internment was part of the confinement of "enemy aliens" in Canada during and for two years after the end of the First World War, lasting from 1914 to 1920, under the terms of the War Measures Act.

Canada was at war with Austria-Hungary and about 4,000 Ukrainian men and some women and children of Austro-Hungarian citizenship were kept in twenty-four internment camps and related work sites – also known, at the time, as concentration camps.[1] Their savings were confiscated until they were released. Almost all were "paroled" from camps in 1916–17 to become paid workers on farms, mines and railways, where labour was scarce. Another 80,000 were left at large but were registered as "enemy aliens" and obliged to regularly report to the police."

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I thought this was a thread about Schmidt not about whether Vancouver is a really good city or a great city.

Vancouver needs to pay us to live here. Wouldn't see that anywhere else.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, gurn said:

I forgot to mention the huge Italian contingent as well.

most times I think of diversity on the prairies I remember this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Canadian_internment

"

The Ukrainian Canadian internment was part of the confinement of "enemy aliens" in Canada during and for two years after the end of the First World War, lasting from 1914 to 1920, under the terms of the War Measures Act.

Canada was at war with Austria-Hungary and about 4,000 Ukrainian men and some women and children of Austro-Hungarian citizenship were kept in twenty-four internment camps and related work sites – also known, at the time, as concentration camps.[1] Their savings were confiscated until they were released. Almost all were "paroled" from camps in 1916–17 to become paid workers on farms, mines and railways, where labour was scarce. Another 80,000 were left at large but were registered as "enemy aliens" and obliged to regularly report to the police."

Schmidt, coincidentally, is a German name!!!

• Upvote 1

For the record, I disliked Toronto. It may have more nightlife, the HHOF etc. But I found the city very grey, sprawling and the people were generally less friendly from my experience.

And it's farking cold.

And the dirty, rotten, stinking Leafs suck ::D

If I wanted culture in Canada, I'd be heading to Montreal.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Most fans "What a deal. You can't say anything bad about this trade."

Snivellers "Hold my wine!"

There's plenty of proof in this thread that a whining angle can be found for any move Benning makes.

I feel this post unfairly disparages wine drinkers :P

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Most fans "What a deal. You can't say anything bad about this trade."

Snivellers "Hold my wine!"

There's plenty of proof in this thread that a whining angle can be found for any move Benning makes.

Astute thinking.

GMJB knows.

so does Bo.

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

For the record, I disliked Toronto. It may have more nightlife, the HHOF etc. But I found the city very grey, sprawling and the people were generally less friendly from my experience.

And it's farking cold.

You didn’t do it right then with Toronto.

Leafs suck.

Montreal is art.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And it's farking cold.

Also, how much you make is apparently important back east. People seem abnormally "materialistic" at parties.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

And it's farking cold.

Montreal is a great city.  Can't handle those winters though.

• Cheers 1