The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gino Odjick sick again: back on chemo after heart ailment (amyloidosis) returns

Rate this topic

SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

31 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I agree, but very few have made it into the Ring. Have to select carefully, only so much room

I agree that it's not an honor to hand out like Halloween candy.  But there have been a few names overlooked that need to get in.

I've campaigned for Richard Brodeur for some time.  Our second captain (and part of our first ever 1970 team) Andre Boudrias should have been inducted while he was still alive.  And the final two that absolutely belong are our two greatest enforcers, the role that requires the most heart and a role which no longer exists and must be honored, Gino Odjick and Tiger Williams (whose number Pat Quinn wanted to retire).

I have some more names that deserve serious consideration but those four guys should be looking down at the fans every game.  With the caveat about making sure Tiger is good to go off the ice, as he has been the subject of one or two lacklustre stories.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

He's fighting his toughest battle ever but, just like in round one, he'll KO this thing.  He's just too good to be gone...we need Gino on this earth.

These pictures were from the gathering  when he first was hospitalized and so many showed up to support him and send good vibes.  He actually waved out the window at us all and then had someone actually wheel him outside to the road in his wheelchair so he could "greet" everyone in person.  

One of the last Lions' games I was invited to I couldn't go...Dad needed me for the day.  I learned, later, that my seat was going to be right beside Gino (my friend is friends with his good friend).  He took a picture and sent it to me and  I was heartbroken that I'd missed the opportunity....but, family first.

I hate to hear that he's back in another fight but just know he'll get through it.

image.pngimage.png

That's a good story.  Better than the story I told a while back about hundreds of cars driving to the airport in 1994 when the Canucks came back after Game 7 and we all got directed into a field by a bunch of cops scared after the riots and all we could do is kind of honk our horns from a mile away in some cornfield while the little dots in the distance known as the Vancouver Canucks kind of looked over confused at the noise for a second and then shrugged and went home.  Then all of us just kind of shrugged and went home.

• Haha 3