The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jayce Hawryluk | #13 | C/RW

-AJ-

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He looked good in training camp until well the incident with Motte.

This team could use another spark plug player who brings a lot of energy.  Gaudette, Roussel, and Virtanen will be fighting for time with him.

Jake wont care enough to fight for time unfortunately

I think Hawryluk deserves a shot.  It seemed like he had a good camp and would have made the team but for his injury.

The poor play of the team is not limited to one line so I don't think it can hurt for the team to get shaken up a bit and to have some fresh legs brought in.

I'm not one who generally criticizes coaching but if fatigue has in fact been a factor, then it seems odd not to swap in some guys from the taxi squad every now and then.  It's hard to do with top end guys, yes, but Bailey seems like he could swap in for someone like Roussel or MacEwen (not saying MacEwen deserves to be sat however) as needed to provide a bit more rest.  It also gives the team a chance to try some guys in situations that they might not usually get an opportunity to play in.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Don’t no why but i keep thinking he can be a very pleaseant surprise. 

Yeah, I have a feeling that he's going to be a good addition. Motte like player is my sense. If he can stay healthy. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

The only thing that concerns me is that Green didn't seem to give him much of a role, or even a chance to play, in the scrimmages in training camp.  Hopefully the lack of news on his injury and the slowness getting him back into the lineup isn't a result of Green not being a 'fan' of Hawryluk's.

I mean, at this point, what does Green have to lose? The current line up doesn't seem to be winning any games. We have lost 6 straight. Going back to the same group after losing 6 straight makes little sense to me. Hopefully it makes sense to Green. 

We have just lost Motte to long term injury. If Hawryluk plays a similar game, then we need him in the line up. We need the energy and the physicality that he could bring, cause nobody right now on the current roster is bringing that. 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, at this point, what does Green have to lose? The current line up doesn't seem to be winning any games. We have lost 6 straight. Going back to the same group after losing 6 straight makes little sense to me. Hopefully it makes sense to Green. 

We have just lost Motte to long term injury. If Hawryluk plays a similar game, then we need him in the line up. We need the energy and the physicality that he could bring, cause nobody right now on the current roster is bringing that. 

Isn't he still injured?

• 2 weeks later...

This guys has been a HUGE BUST, hasnt played one game yet and has been hurt all season, think hes getting a free paycheque ...i bet he wont play one game this year with us, such a waste of cap space that coulda been used on someone to spark the team from its slumber

• Sad 1