The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson podcast appearance sets off Twitter storm.

Rate this topic

cuporbust

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I think people are overreacting to the overreaction. It is JD Burke and 1040 guys and not really many others. Don't give Burke the attention he needs for not being good at his actual job. 

it sounds like it made it's way into the podcast, so it was obviously blown out of proportion enough for them to catch wind of it.  It sounds like the majority of people on this forum have a good head on their shoulders and see this for what it is, just meaningless whining from a few loud voices.  The problem is that sometimes these things catch fire and have all sorts of real life implications.  I for one am so tired of this culture that's been created in the age of Facebook and Twitter and am ready for it to end.  You can literally find fault in anything if you stretch hard enough, but that doesn't mean that the world needs to bend over backwards to address every hurt feeling.  Get over yourselves people.

Great interview so far.

Funny thing is, the people freaking out about 'giving SC a platform' are giving SC a platform... I wouldn't have known Petey did this interview if not for JD Burke :bigblush:

I don't listen to SC, they are pretty annoying... but this is a good one.

Edited by awalk
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Sounds like the broadscast's jealousy set this off last night. 

Oh I wouldn’t doubt it. Lost a lot of respect for them over the last few weeks, especially with this coming from one of their hosts 

22200E8A-5074-4A3E-B5D6-63138F637CAA.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Oh I wouldn’t doubt it. Lost a lot of respect for them over the last few weeks, especially with this coming from one of their hosts 

22200E8A-5074-4A3E-B5D6-63138F637CAA.jpeg

She's criticizing the white male dominance of hockey by... making racist and sexist comments.

She cited the NHL league as "white trash". She further adds that she "hates white hockey men". Ok, one might say, "well, this is just her opinion". Fair enough. When you turn this speaker from white female to someone of another race and gender, then you can see the problem with those statements.