The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

5 hours ago, Squeak said:

Comes down to a 15 point deficit…. 

I'm relieved to have a cushion but still worried it's not enough.

Hedman - Cernak - Palat vs Stamkos - Coleman - Johnson - McDonagh

Pageau - Komarov vs Nelson - Beauvillier

I fancy you to pull that deficit back!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Azzy said:

I'm relieved to have a cushion but still worried it's not enough.

Hedman - Cernak - Palat vs Stamkos - Coleman - Johnson - McDonagh

Pageau - Komarov vs Nelson - Beauvillier

I fancy you to pull that deficit back!

Honestly, I don't know if I want to watch tonight. May be a bit too stressed.

12 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Minnesota Wild have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To MIN:

spacer.png Elias Lindholm

To CBJ:

spacer.png Ryan Suzuki

spacer.png Dawson Mercer
spacer.png Serron Noel
spacer.png NSH 2021 3rd Round Draft Selection

Very happy to welcome Suzuki, Mercer, and Noel to the Jackets organization. It was a painful decision to move on from Elias but given the current cap constraints of our club it only made sense to move one high dollar forward out.  

We are thrilled to add Suzuki who we feel could make a real run at making our roster next fall. Suzuki has some real skills.

And of course a personal fav of the trade for me Dawson Mercer who I have been a big fan of since scouting last draft.

We nearly took him with pick where we took Guhle and are thrilled to have him on board. Noel will also be a welcomed addition of depth as we look to fill out our roster with more youth during these trying financial times. Thanks to @Dak Prescott for the productive and persistent talks!

Welcome Ryan, Dawson and Serron and best luck to Elias in Minny.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 2

Jeff Petry may have his work cut out @theo5789 - but I once made the GML Final with zero players left, so all is not lost!

The series with @Squeak was the most nervous I've been in GML. You have such an astonishing roster and you're my pick for 2021/22, that's for sure. You're going to top score in these playoffs by about 300 points too, talk about injustice!

Onwards and upwards now boys. One last series, one last struggle. I had been planning on cheering for Montreal but now I'm firmly in the Bolts camp :P

• Upvote 1

@theo5789 @Azzy  Are you ready? Take your place in GML history!

ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

GML Championship History (2009-2020)  

GM   GML CHAMPIONS   GML FINALISTS   GM    
  2020-21 -   -   -   - 2020-21  
  2019-20 @Sergei Bobrovsky   W NSH vs L DET   @Azzy 2019-20  
  2018-19 @Master Mind   W VAN vs L FLA   @Otis 2018-19  
  2017-18 @Mike Vanderhoek   W NJD vs L ARZ   @Squeak 2017-18  
  2016-17 @Mike Vanderhoek   W NJD vs L CBJ   @Ty Webb 2016-17  
  2015-16 @Ty Webb   W CBJ vs L OTT   @winterhawks 2015-16  
  2014-15 @Otis   W FLA vs L MIN   @Caboose 2014-15  
  2013-14 @Otis   W FLA vs L MIN   @Caboose 2013-14  
  2012-13 @theminister   W NYI vs L LAK   @Ace of Spades 2012-13  
  2011-12

@Ace of Spades

W LAK vs L WSH   @da.moose 2011-12  
  2010-11 @lethunder   W BUF vs L WPG   @canuck2xtreme 2010-11  
  2009-10 @lethunder   W BUF vs L LAK   @Ace of Spades 2009-10  

Sorry for the heartbreaking defeat for both @Squeak and @Master Mind. you guys both put together formattable teams.  Great work this year @Squeak you had my GM of the year vote! Such a close race. You will win very soon I'm sure of it!

GML CUP FINALS  
  GML FINALIST     GML FINALIST  
      large.png     large.png      
      TBD     TBD      

Round of 4  

large.png @Master Mind     large.png @Squeak      
      30 Points (415 total)     115 Points (946 total)      

Round of 8  

spacer.png @aGENT   spacer.png @Sergei Bobrovsky     spacer.png @da.moose   spacer.png @canuck2xtreme  
  185 Points (494 total)   168 Points (662 total)     97 Points (499 total)   89 Points (332 total)  

Round of 16  

spacer.png @Mike Vanderhoek   spacer.png @luckylager     spacer.png @Paul Vanderhoek   spacer.png @Sludge  
  273 Points (538 total)   251 Points (562 total)     213 Points (354 total)   158 Points (283 total)  

spacer.png @winterhawks   spacer.png @Zenflamesfan     spacer.png @BCNate   spacer.png @ThatMike  
  156 Points (293 total)   150 Points (240 total)     145 Points (174 total)   75 Points (83 total)  

1st set of points are your points in that round upon elimination. Total points are the points you team would have accumulated in total from Round 1 to the Cup finals.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

Columbus Blue Jackets Protection List

Dom's Seattle Kraken Mock Expansion Draft | scoutingpost

I may be willing to move a young exempt asset or two to fill in my lineup. Ideally do that in free agency but if something makes sense I would consider it. 

Forwards:

1.  Pierre-Luc-Dubois

2.  Jesperi Kotkaniemi

3.  Jamie Benn

4.  Pavel Buchnevich

5.  Andrew Mangiapane

6.  One Player TBD (Open to trade to acquire)

7.  Two Player TBD (Open to trade to acquire)

Defense:

1.  Thomas Chabot

2.  Samuel Girard

3.  Travis Sanheim

Goalie:

1. Mackenzie Blackwood

Exempt:

F:  Kirill Kaprizov, Dylan Cozens, Lucas Raymond, Dawson Mercer, Ivan Morozov, Ryan Suzuki, Fillip Hallander, Serron Noel, Angus Crookshank.

D:  Mikey Anderson, Mario Ferraro, Nikolai Knyzhov, Kaiden Guhle, Shakir Mukhamadullin, Anton Johannesson.

G:  Mikey DiPietro, Ilya Konovalov. 

Exposed:

F:  Antoine Roussel, Jujhar Khaira, Kyle Clifford, Dustin Brown, Kevin Rooney, Austin Wagner, Connor Bunnaman, Anton Blidh.

D:  Mark Pysyk, Samuel Morin, Grant Hutton.

G:  Martin Jones.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

gml-logo-removebg-preview

GML CUP FINALS

200px-Philadelphia_Flyers.svg.png    VS     200px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png 

PHI                         DET

Points                     Points

TOP PLAYERS

team-rosters

PLAYOFF RESULTS

PHI

2020 Lost Play-in Round

2018-19 Did Not Qualify

DET

2020 Cup Finalist

2018-19 Lost Quarter-Finals

The winner takes the spoils.

Won't be doing prediction game for final. Not enough interest. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

gml-logo-removebg-preview

GML CUP FINALS

200px-Philadelphia_Flyers.svg.png    VS     200px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png 

PHI                         DET

Points                     Points

TOP PLAYERS

team-rosters

PLAYOFF RESULTS

PHI

2020 Lost Play-in Round

2018-19 Did Not Qualify

DET

2020 Cup Finalist

2018-19 Lost Quarter-Finals

The winner takes the spoils.

Won't be doing prediction game for final. Not enough interest. 

@theo5789 Just needs Price to get 4 shutouts in a 4 game sweep and he has a solid chance!

You Can Do It Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Edited by Crabby
  • Cheers 1

Dallas is still seeking an ED eligible D to use our last available slot on, and are willing to exchange a F to do so.

Dallas Provisional Expansion List:

Forward:

1. McCann

2. Kapanen

3. Mantha

4. Eriksson Ek

5. Steel

6. Kunin

7. Zacha

Exposed: Nyquist, Fischer, Stephens, Armia, Bjork, MacEwen, Zykov, Laberge, Dahlen

Defense:

1. Lindgren

2. Cholowski

3. TBD

Exposed: Maatta, Bowey

G:

Vasilevsky

Exposed: Kaskisuo

Edited by theminister

7.1 – Front Office Budgets

Every team is able to set their clubs front office spending. Each team has $55 million dollars to spread around over four different areas, and each department comes with benefits at certain investment thresholds. These budgets can only be set once per season. The benefits are outlined in the sections below.

7.2 – Medical/Training Facilities

The amount of money invested here dictates which injured players can be placed on injured reserve based on the following scale.

- @ $0 million, 'on injured reserve' can be placed on IR.

- @ $12 million, 'out indefinitely' can be placed on IR.

- @ $15 million, 'expected to miss...' can be placed on IR.

- @ $18 million, 'day to day' can be placed on IR.

7.3 – Player Relations

The amount of money invested here represents locker room and facility upgrades for training, air travel and accommodations, increased PR staff and charity affiliations. These effect a players likelihood in signing or re-signing with your club, how favorably undrafted/college free agents view your club and is a consideration when asking a player to waive a NTC/NMC to join your club. There are no set thresholds in place as each situation is different and it is a sliding scale. The higher the investment, the more favorably players will view your club.

7.4 – Minors Budget

The amount of money invested here is the salary cap for the teams minor club. A team cannot be over this limit at any time during the season.

7.5 – Player Development

The amount of money invested here determines if a club is eligible to utilize the entry level slide rule, and if so, for how many years. Under the ELC slide provision, a player on an entry level contract can have their contract slide to the following year provided:

- the team had the appropriate investment in their Player Development budget at the time the player signed their contract; and

- the player signed their ELC contract prior to their 21st birthday; and

- the player participated in fewer than 10 NHL games during the course of the first season of their contract.

Entry Level Slide Investment Thresholds

- @ $0 million, not eligible for entry level contract slide.

- @ $5 million, eligible for 1 year entry level contract slide.

- @ $8 million, eligible for 2 years entry level contract slide.

NOTE: Players on ELC slide eligible contracts who are traded will not have their ELC slide status transferred to the acquiring team unless the acquiring team also has the appropriate investment in their Player Development Budget to support the ELC slide system. 

CBJ Budget for 2021-22

18M minors

18M medical (max)
8M entry slides (max)
11m player relations

@canuck2xtreme