The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Holy sh*t.  This is really REALLY bad.  If animals are spreading the virus (and it gets into birds) guaranteed there will be a 20% cull in human population.  

Something to consider for those that allow pets to eat of their plates, sleep in their beds and slobber all over.

Many Indians idolize cows for religious purposes and would never eat one, yet us in the West love our steaks (myself included)! I have no problem with countries eating dog but the issue is that, if that video above is correct, they are essentially torturing the animals (skinning and cooking alive etc) prior to consumption.

Department of Health confirms first coronavirus death in Washington state

The Washington Department of Health confirmed Saturday the first coronavirus-related death in Washington state, according to a press release.

Health officials said there are new King County cases in addition to the two new cases confirmed Friday evening.

A statement provided to KIRO 7 by EvergreenHealth said that the patient came into the facility with serious respiratory issues, and after following CDC guidelines, the patient was tested for COVID-19. The patient later died after testing positive for the virus.

The statement also said a second patient tested positive and is currently in isolation and receiving treatment.

The department is hosting a press conference at 1 p.m. to provide further details.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/department-health-confirms-first-coronavirus-death-washington-state/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Department of Health confirms first coronavirus death in Washington state

The Washington Department of Health confirmed Saturday the first coronavirus-related death in Washington state, according to a press release.

Health officials said there are new King County cases in addition to the two new cases confirmed Friday evening.

A statement provided to KIRO 7 by EvergreenHealth said that the patient came into the facility with serious respiratory issues, and after following CDC guidelines, the patient was tested for COVID-19. The patient later died after testing positive for the virus.

The statement also said a second patient tested positive and is currently in isolation and receiving treatment.

The department is hosting a press conference at 1 p.m. to provide further details.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/department-health-confirms-first-coronavirus-death-washington-state/XIDPHMLVOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

Trump literally just said that this is a hoax and the virus isn't real... 

That's so scary

Hopefully China can clean up their disgusting habits and act better in the future when it comes to food and people. The fact they keep live animals around raw food makes me wonder why we don't get more of this crap coming out of that country. I've heard some pretty insane stories from some Chinese friends that really disturbed me regarding food conditions. 

Edited by kurtis

52 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Hopefully China can clean up their disgusting habits and act better in the future when it comes to food and people. The fact they keep live animals around raw food makes me wonder why we don't get more of this crap coming out of that country. I've heard some pretty insane stories from some Chinese friends that really disturbed me regarding food conditions. 

On 2/28/2020 at 3:13 PM, nuckin_futz said:

China just banned the trade and consumption of wild animals. Experts think the coronavirus jumped from live animals to people at a market.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-bans-wildlife-trade-consumption-coronavirus-2020-2

Believe it or not, that's a $74 Billion industry over there.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Many Indians idolize cows for religious purposes and would never eat one, yet us in the West love our steaks (myself included)! I have no problem with countries eating dog but the issue is that, if that video above is correct, they are essentially torturing the animals (skinning and cooking alive etc) prior to consumption.

What I have problem with is killing animals out in the open in very unsanitary conditions.

• Upvote 1

Man in his 50s is first US coronavirus death as Seattle grapples with potential outbreak

The US may be dealing with a coronavirus outbreak in Seattle after officials confirmed the first death in the area.

"Health officials will be providing the latest updates regarding novel coronavirus cases in King County, including new people identified with the infection, one of whom died," the unusually deadpan release said.

The outbreak appears to be in a long-term care facility and little is known about the victim other than that he's a man in his 50s.

Trump earlier said the victim was "a medically high-risk patient in her 50s" and said the victim was "a wonderful woman." Officials have since confirmed it was a man and that he had no evidence of any link to anyone who had traveled to China.

Trump also said four other Americans "very ill".

What's also worrisome are reports that 27 residents of the facility and 25 staff are having respiratory problems.
Edited by nuckin_futz

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Trump literally just said that this is a hoax and the virus isn't real... 

That's so scary

it was in Regards to the Democrats response towards the Government.. Context is important

Trump and officials actually have been very critical of the Chinese administration..Meanwhile the Democrats are throwing outrage towards Trump instead of the Chinese Government 

Edited by naslund.is.king
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Logitek said:

RICHMOND COSTCO IS EMPTY AND HAS BEEN CLEARED OUT.

NO MORE MEAT, NO MORE BREAD, NO MORE LYSOL WIPES, RICE GONE. ETC

SHOULDA STOCKED UP WHEN YOU WERE WARNED.  SHTF NOW.

lmfao. Thats funny. Chinese here must know something we don't know. 

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, DonLever said:

You realize the Epoch Times is fake news.  They are owned by the Falun Gong.   Everything they publish or post in is anti-China.   

To be fair, the Falun Gong used to be promoted by the Chinese Communist Party a bit, not quite dissimilar to Tai Chi.

Suddenly their leader Jiang Zemin wanted to crack down on them as their numbers started to rise exponentially.  Gave him an easy excuse to expand those irregular police force under his authority to even outnumber the PLA.  

Epoch Times is anti-ChinaCPP... but the do report on things that have been censored by mainstream news.  

Edited by Lancaster
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Logitek said:

Have you not seen the videos that leaked from China before they cracked down on censorship?

They definitely are aware. They know just how bad this is and slowly everybody here will realize it too. 

Edit: similar videos coming out of Iran too now. 

there was this twitter account i was following that showed the real situation happenings in China about the coronavirus that's not being shown in MSM... that account has been suspended by twitter... :sadno: