The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

43 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

She did announce a new order on hotels and vacation properties today which is a good start.  At least this gives the authority to stop crowds from gathering but again, enforcement is key.

What did she say about hotels today? I missed that. 

25 minutes ago, Whale Tail said:

She issued an order that will limit the number of people allowed to stay in those properties.  It includes house boats as well.  Also people that are not registered as guests of those properties are not allowed to be there.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too.

She's provided opportunity for people to tune it in under a nice approach and, at this point, some people just don't care or get it.  It's no secret now in what we all should be doing and it's time for her to up the ante and start being tougher.  Because people with no restraint will always test the limits until they're called out.  See if they can pull one over...especially since they're invincible and all.

And yeah....can we start an opera circle nearby?  Maybe it'll drive them out.   How about a sax circle...I'm in.  Never played before in my life.

My neighbor in my building is an opera singer.  It's not as great as you might think 

1 hour ago, Whale Tail said:

If Horgan says BC schools are important for kids to be open for mental health and education..

Why does BC not properly fund education in our province.  Is BC an anti education province in reality but pretends otherwise....

Maybe if BC schools were funded properly.... our schools could afford adequate cleaning,  sanitizer,  plastic barriers to protect staff ......

Nothing like sending kids pack to underfunded schools during a PANDEMIC -  what could go wrong.... ?

9graph1.jpg

Edited by kingofsurrey

13 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

If Horgan says BC schools are important for kids to be open for mental health and education..

Why does BC not properly fund education in our province.  Is BC an anti education province in reality but pretends otherwise....

Maybe if BC schools were funded properly.... our schools could afford adequate cleaning,  sanitizer,  plastic barriers to protect staff ......

Nothing like sending kids pack to underfunded schools during a PANDEMIC -  what could go wrong.... ?

9graph1.jpg

I think the graph answers your question.  The 08 recession and the BC LIEberals.  Liberal in name only.

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Dr B's lack of support for masks in BC is really concerning.......

Way too many mixed messages have been sent out to the BC Population.

hey King, I share your concern. But a mask will not protect you, but instead those around you. If you have any symptoms of illness (not just COVID sympoms) you should be wearing a mask. If you are not ill, a mask will not protect you. COvID in the air will still enter your eyes or ears. Going out as little as possible (if your employment allows) is the best way to prevent spread.

• Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

hey King, I share your concern. But a mask will not protect you, but instead those around you. If you have any symptoms of illness (not just COVID sympoms) you should be wearing a mask. If you are not ill, a mask will not protect you. COvID in the air will still enter your eyes or ears. Going out as little as possible (if your employment allows) is the best way to prevent spread.

True but if any of us are asymptomatic carriers of Covid... if we  wear a mask indoors , we can protect the general population.

For me, i would rather wear a mask just in case....  if that makes others safer.

I saw so many boneheads today at costco refusing to  accept free masks from costco... refusing to wear a mask in the store.

Putting other customers and costco employees at risk...

BCers are no better than those in Florida / Arizona. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

On 7/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, stawns said:

driving by Turtle Bay on a Saturday is just anxiety inducing.  I live down on Woodsdale and it's absolutely jam packed from Thursday-Monday

And apparently they just closed this evening due to an exposure.  Go figure.....

This is as per a FB post I was told about so not 100% but the source is legit so I'll take it as true at this point.

1 minute ago, LesPaul81 said:

And apparently they just closed this evening due to an exposure.  Go figure.....

This is as per a FB post I was told about so not 100% but the source is legit so I'll take it as true at this point.

I just saw it too, though someone said they phned and the pub said it was just gossip.  Id say the way it was packed in there on Saturday and Sunday, that I wouldn't trust the pub to be honest as they were clearly not following the rules in the first place

51 minutes ago, stawns said:

I just saw it too, though someone said they phned and the pub said it was just gossip.  Id say the way it was packed in there on Saturday and Sunday, that I wouldn't trust the pub to be honest as they were clearly not following the rules in the first place

Nope, not at all.  Especially with what they've had going on over the last few weeks.  $$$.  Sad really.  I don't FB so I don't know for sure but usually gossip has some sort of truth behind it.  Either way, it's a lousy bar so I'll be clear of there anyway.  Be safe!

1 hour ago, LesPaul81 said:

Nope, not at all.  Especially with what they've had going on over the last few weeks.  $$$.  Sad really.  I don't FB so I don't know for sure but usually gossip has some sort of truth behind it.  Either way, it's a lousy bar so I'll be clear of there anyway.  Be safe!

Looks like it was precautionary.  A worker went home sick and is going to get a test and TB closed down until they find out more