The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

45 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Perhaps smaller viral loads due to the wearing of masks would account for that stat?

Good question, but there is next to no research on the use of masks outside of controlled settings.  

12 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Clicks? OMG, can we get dumber as human beings? Like really, how dumb can we get?

How do you think many of these people make more money than you and I?  They get the clicks and have sponsors in the background or ad revenue which makes them tons of money.  Its the new reality we are in here.

27 minutes ago, b3. said:

Miami Marlins have had 10 more positive cases this morning...

Just stop testing and the positive cases will vanish in a puff of smoke.  I saw it reported in Sinclair Broadcast Group!  (No.....I did not but if they can spread BS about Dr Fauci being the creator of COVID-19....that wouldn’t be out of the real of possibilities).  Bone Spurs fav media station given that Chris Wallace won’t kiss the ring finger of Orange man.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, FilthyRich said:

I completely destroyed my Facadebook account about a month ago.  Feels good man, highly recommend it to everyone.

I need it for games and friends and such. I have a secondary account for talking unrelated things but I obviously didn't use it that one time and it showed.

Looking at provincial plans for reopening around the country and I am genuinely concerned for BC right now; but have heard word that they've pushed the date back for a decision based on changing numbers.

But then I look at Alberta and I cringe.  Average class size estimate is 32 kids, no pep, no masks, no hand sanitizer unless teachers buy them.  Fully open.  No extra space for distancing to be provided.  With still thousands of empty positions due to the layoffs in the spring and hundreds of millions clawed from the equation budget.

I'm genuinely concerned, even Ontario has a 15 student cap and has added numerous extra spaces for teachers to work out of to ensure social distancing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Russ said:

How do you think many of these people make more money than you and I?  They get the clicks and have sponsors in the background or ad revenue which makes them tons of money.  Its the new reality we are in here.

So brutal. Get a real job that makes a difference instead of accomplishing nothing. If you can't see that that's why we're wasting away.

It's stupid.

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Just stop testing and the positive cases will vanish in a puff of smoke.  I saw it reported in Sinclair Broadcast Group!  (No.....I did not but if they can spread BS about Dr Fauci being the creator of COVID-19....that wouldn’t be out of the real of possibilities).  Bone Spurs fav media station given that Chris Wallace won’t kiss the ring finger of Orange man.

ala BC

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So brutal. Get a real job that makes a difference instead of accomplishing nothing. If you can't see that that's why we're wasting away.

It's stupid.

Watch some of this guy's youtube videos and see how stupid how much money you can make:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=mrbeast&form=EDGTCT&qs=PF&cvid=4bae2b2ccdc24eab83e4a031f019e490&refig=4f06cec95daf49238b1facaf9329473c&cc=US&setlang=en-US&elv=AXK1c4IvZoNqPoPnS!QRLOPiSAsTbW2JZDFUjnkRhiwL04dtngIIWuQpzeJb534oDJc5uQGKtmRgoV1CQH7KOLBHesJU0wQl73Rv6Yxy!3v2&plvar=0

13 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

I refuse to watch that. Yeah it's great people make money doing nothing I guess, but it's killing the rest of us.

Really how dumb is that? People used to do stuff like farming to feed their family and now we're teaching kids to click a mouse button. That my friend will kill us in the end.

And you have to be dumber than $&!# to even point that out. No offence, it's your parents problem.

Edited by Gawdzukes

56 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Watch some of this guy's youtube videos and see how stupid how much money you can make:

You know, for every new invention, it can be super, or misused. Good example is "fire". I started putting math videos up on Youtube in 2006, and they have helped hundreds of students over the past 14 years. That's a good use of Youtube. I don't get any money anymore, but for about 10 years I made a bit of money, making my video career a payment of about $1.23 an hour! (LOL). However, on the flip side, you have "This guy's youtube videos".

49 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I refuse to watch that. Yeah it's great people make money doing nothing I guess, but it's killing the rest of us.

Really how dumb is that? People used to do stuff like farming to feed their family and now we're teaching kids to click a mouse button. That my friend will kill us in the end.

And you have to be dumber than $&!# to even point that out. No offence, it's your parents problem.

WTF, are you calling me out for showing you the link?  Did I say I agree with people making money off of youtube?  Calling out my Parents?  Glad im not a rude POS like you are.

52 minutes ago, wloutet said:

You know, for every new invention, it can be super, or misused. Good example is "fire". I started putting math videos up on Youtube in 2006, and they have helped hundreds of students over the past 14 years. That's a good use of Youtube. I don't get any money anymore, but for about 10 years I made a bit of money, making my video career a payment of about $1.23 an hour! (LOL). However, on the flip side, you have "This guy's youtube videos".

Jeebus.....where were you 40+ years ago.  Nevermind the technology wasn't around then (on a practical level).:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 hour ago, wloutet said:

My daughter may have seen a few of these Math videos as it made it much more interesting than reading a textbook.  

11 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

My daughter may have seen a few of these Math videos

I had over 3 million views of the 110 Math videos with about 3,000 subscribers. Topics covered: Solving equations (grade 9 to 12), factoring, word problems, graphing and compass and straightedge constructions.  My Youtube channel is "minkusbc".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Stop with the sweeping statements, KOS.  The majority of the peeps getting infected right now are the youngin's doing what youngin's do.

How 'bout that house party (200) in Brampton the other night?  Stay tuned to soaring #s in Ontario in a few days. Are Ontarians tuning Ford out?

Stop with discounting what is currrently going on in this province..... Reality is important for us all to acknowledge...

Check out Eng Bay, 2nd or  3rd beach any day of week.

People in BC are not practising safe behaviour.  Party boats on front of english beach banging out the tunes to a boatload of people.

Once summer hit here BCers were like .... "No you don't mess with my summer". 

It was game over and no one is listening to Dr. B anymore i am afraid to say.  Once this next wave hits..... BC will need real leadership making tough decisions....

Edited by kingofsurrey