The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC stands for Bring Covid.....

At least when Horgan had the great idea to  invite  all of Alberta to come summer vacation here......

Alberta covid cases per thoussand are catching up to Quebec.....

WE  need a premier with an acual plan how to limit this pandemic in our province. 

Oh he has a plan...just doesn't agree with you or me.

He wants the greasy oil money in the tourism industry. Once summer closes he'll change his tune. 

He's valuing money over safety.

• Cheers 1

OUTDOORS>>>>>>>

Wearing a face mask will be compulsory in busy parts of Paris from Monday amid a rise in coronavirus infections in and around the French capital.

Police said the order would apply to people aged 11 and over in "certain very crowded zones".

The virus had been circulating more widely in the region since mid-July, they said. Face masks are already compulsory in enclosed public spaces.

Experts have warned that France could lose control of Covid-19 "at any time".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53706735

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

CBC doesn't pull any punches.  BC was a model for Covid-19 prevention but with 893 cases from July 6 to August 6th, we are not.  2/3rds of those cases are people under 40 and the vast majority of that group are people in their 20s.  Most of these cases are being tracked to private parties.  Seriously, the worst pandemic we've seen in 100 years and you have to go get your drink on with friends and strangers?  Smarten up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-covid-analysis-august-surge-1.5679225

School cohorts of 120 .....    with NO masks required. 

Family with 3 kids... could see their kids  / the parents / grandparents exposed to 360 different people... wow.... 

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

CBC doesn't pull any punches.  BC was a model for Covid-19 prevention but with 893 cases from July 6 to August 6th, we are not.  2/3rds of those cases are people under 40 and the vast majority of that group are people in their 20s.  Most of these cases are being tracked to private parties.  Seriously, the worst pandemic we've seen in 100 years and you have to go get your drink on with friends and strangers?  Smarten up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-covid-analysis-august-surge-1.5679225

So true.  Blaming the health and government officials for what our homegrown covidiots are doing is senseless.  Seems they are also piglets as well...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/johnson-lake-environment-damage-camping-covid-19-overcrowding-1.5679181

These kids  that are ignoring the protocols, think that they are invulnerable.  Unfortunately, this is a new virus and nobody really knows what to expect in the future.  Just because a person has a mild case, doesn't mean that they have gone unscathed.  Their lack of discipline has put us in a precarious position; espeically with the possibility of a 2nd wave in the fall.

It won't surprise me if all parks and campgrounds are shut down in the near future; ruining the summer for everyone else.  It will probably put the reopening of schools on hold, which is awful for the thousands of children that really need to get back to their routine.

17 hours ago, stawns said:

I disagree about parents.  I know many that do not or will not send their kids back to school with numbers going up.

Barring any further unusual developments in the next couple weeks I fully expect K-7 attendance to be FAR, FAR greater than it was last spring.  It's logical to assume, just like the rest of society is reflecting now, that many ppl are 'over' the pandemic whether it is actually safe to believe that or not.  Sure, some parents will keep their kids home, but I will be shocked if schools don't see a dramatic increase in daily attendance compared to last spring come September. 

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Barring any further unusual developments in the next couple weeks I fully expect K-7 attendance to be FAR, FAR greater than it was last spring.  It's logical to assume, just like the rest of society is reflecting now, that many ppl are 'over' the pandemic whether it is actually safe to believe that or not.  Sure, some parents will keep their kids home, but I will be shocked if schools don't see a dramatic increase in daily attendance compared to last spring come September. 

Well, we were at about 10% in my school, so that's not saying much.

I don't see people "over the pandemic" at all.  I see selfish, short sighted people who don't want any sort of inconvenience in their life whatsoever and I see the bulk of the people quite concerned with the rising numbers and quite concerned about sending their kids to school with no idea how safe it is.

I'd say a very small portion of the population is over the pandemic

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

59 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, we were at about 10% in my school, so that's not saying much.

I don't see people "over the pandemic" at all.  I see selfish, short sighted people who don't want any sort of inconvenience in their life whatsoever and I see the bulk of the people quite concerned with the rising numbers and quite concerned about sending their kids to school with no idea how safe it is.

Kids back to school in 3 weeks...... full classrooms..... poor ventilation... cohorts of 120 students... during  a  Pandemic.... what could go wrong...  ?

53834043.jpg

Edited by kingofsurrey

Why parents are concerned about Sept..... schools re-opening

Is journalism really dead in BC ?   Why do our major newpapers fail to report the truth to BC citizens ?

Now, as community infections began to rise in July, children’s infections also followed the trend, crippling the anecdotal belief that younger children don’t get infected as much.

The July 2 figure for infection, 49 in kids below 10 and 76 infections in those aged 10 to 19 shot up to 76 for the younger group to 156 for the 10 to 19 year-olds – a sudden combined rise of 107 by Aug 3. (Fig 2.)

https://www.vancouverite.com/107-bc-kids-infected-with-covid-19-in-last-month/

Edited by kingofsurrey

Saw this on twitter... More and more people questioning Horgan and Dr. B 's leadership in this province. 

The government is suggesting young people aren’t being cautious enough but when they hear the BC  government announce that schools are back with full classes /no masks  and no distancing of course they’re going to let their guard down.

Edited by kingofsurrey

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/

For those who don't know Wade Davis, watch "The Serpent and the Rainbow".  He's seen some sh!t and he's seen society at its best and at its worst.

So many great points in this article, but the one that sticks out for me is that the people protesting masks, calling the virus a hoax etc are cowards, not brave enough to square up and face what needs to be done to fight this virus.  I agree completely, those people are as cowardly as it gets

• Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/

For those who don't know Wade Davis, watch "The Serpent and the Rainbow".  He's seen some sh!t and he's seen society at its best and at its worst.

So many great points in this article, but the one that sticks out for me is that the people protesting masks, calling the virus a hoax etc are cowards, not brave enough to square up and face what needs to be done to fight this virus.  I agree completely, those people are as cowardly as it gets

This part of the article is very sobering as well.

The fastest vaccine ever developed was for mumps. It took four years

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This part of the article is very sobering as well.

The fastest vaccine ever developed was for mumps. It took four years

Yup, I've been saying from the beginning this was going to be a loooong haul.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Yup, lets open up the schools, even though correspondence, homeschooling, and online learning has been things for years.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/people-test-positive-coronavirus-georgia-school-viral-crowded/story?id=72263772

9 people test positive for coronavirus at Georgia school that went viral for crowded photo

A student was initially suspended for sharing the photo.

• Cheers 3