The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I've been saying that too.

Kind of nice for people to learn to respect personal space.  To wash their hands and cover their mouths.

To spend quality time outdoors and with family.

To not push and shove in line ups...to allow for breathing room.

larger scale stuff as well, we've seen huge gains in vaccine development, and we should be better prepared when this kind of thing happens again. We may also see things like a universal basic income gain a lot more traction too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

37 minutes ago, skategal said:

Not sure that many people see yet that even when we have the COVID 19 pandemic under control, the world will have changed and how we do things is and will continue to be different.  I'm getting tired of all the organizations asking for money to "tide them over", "bail them out" etc.  To me it seems that the new normal may reflect that the economy has contracted and not every business/organization is viable.  Where is all the bailout money supposed to come from?  Just to name a few, CFL, PNE, Aquarium....everyone wants grants, loans, deferrals.  

I hope the CFL, Aquarium and the PNE all do in fact get grants and loans and deferals. All 3  employ many workers are a very important part of our history and need to be preserved. 

Not sure why you would be opposed to it. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

16 hours ago, spur1 said:

I don’t get why people keep thinking that we can or will just go back to the old normal.  Take it from an old guy...there is no going back. Only constant is death, taxes and change. 
And the more things change the more they stay the same. 

The black death pandemic proved we will go back to normal. It will take time, but we will get there. 

That plague was even more devastating than this covid. And we have better tech today. 

Edited by Quinn Skates

2 hours ago, Robert Long said:

We may also see things like a universal basic income gain a lot more traction too. 

Not to mention a fully funded, and regulated, child-care system.   Not having that in place exposed a huge issue within society as soon as covid hit us.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Not to mention a fully funded, and regulated, child-care system.   Not having that in place exposed a huge issue within society as soon as covid hit us.  

I would love to see us move in that direction, for sure. However, I don't have a lot of faith that we have the political will to break away from the corporate stranglehold

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pretty sure this is actual footage of KoS' GF......B)

Yup and she is your mom.  See you next xmas.....   If you are getting me socks for xmas... i am size 11 shoe and i like super hero socks...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Wait til' the common cold and flu season hit, Anyone that gets a little sick is going to think they have the C...Things are only going to get more hectic me thinks. 811 will be non stop.

agreed, though I do think we'll have a milder cold and flu season with PD, hand washing and masks.

• Vintage 1

Used to train at this gyms some years ago.

Potential coronavirus exposure reported at Vancouver MMA studio

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/lions-mma-potential-coronavirus-exposure-september-2020

I understand weight lifting gyms being open with limits. 

I don't know how you can control contact in a downstairs, no windows, mma gym where most of the activity traditionally is touching each other.

How do you social distance spar or roll? I know that's not every thing you do when training but even hitting the mitts or kick bags is close quarters.  At most you could do solo exercises and technique training. I'd love to see their protocols. 

This gym is DT south, really close to the West End where there have been numerous covid reports at other businesses. 

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Thanks,

A following link from that same article sums up Covid and the misconceptions neatly:

https://elemental.medium.com/the-13-most-outrageous-covid-19-myths-and-misconceptions-14f4b532abbf

Problem is, Covidiots will not be convinced otherwise and will say that article is fake news.  The only way covidiots get convinced now is if a loved one either dies or he or she gets Covid and gets seriously ill.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

a lot of people have simply tuned out and don't care anymore. Luckily we have a good tracking system in place and it seems to be mostly younger people and we're not seeing the hospitals over run. 

I think they knew this was coming, eventually people get complacent. 

• Vintage 2

On 9/1/2020 at 1:40 PM, Wilbur said:

Our after school care just bailed, one week before school starts.....one week notice.  Thanks

Oh geeze thats brutal, I can't imagine how your scrambling right now to figure things out

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

Thanks,

A following link from that same article sums up Covid and the misconceptions neatly:

https://elemental.medium.com/the-13-most-outrageous-covid-19-myths-and-misconceptions-14f4b532abbf

Problem is, Covidiots will not be convinced otherwise and will say that article is fake news.  The only way covidiots get convinced now is if a loved one either dies or he or she gets Covid and gets seriously ill.

"

5. Drinking alcohol can protect you from the coronavirus

Unlike 5G networks, alcohol does have an effect on Covid-19: It raises your risk. “Alcohol use, especially heavy use, weakens the immune system and thus reduces the ability to cope with infectious diseases,” the World Health Organization states. And for the record, drinking alcohol-based hand sanitizer won’t help, either. In fact it could kill you straight away, as it has a few folks already."

Fuuuuuugde...... this was my opportunity to have an excuse to drink more!

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

Thanks,

This story, article, opinion piece if you want to call it is from a site that allows anyone to publish on it.  It makes its money from getting writers to pay for editing services and paying to have their their work promoted - 'partner program'.   Widely 'hit' articles can get you paid if you are a writer who is in the partner program - that means the writer has to pay to join!   

The author refers to himself as an 'explainer of things' and has a background in journalism.   In explaining masks he says 'yeah' science tells us they work and the offers two links to articles that are supposed to support the view.  Both are from this site and one is his - see point about how you make money on the site.   These types of 'businesses' will publish anything as long as it 'looks' okay.  They do not fact check.

Fake news refers to a deliberate attempt to mislead people for a political agenda.  This isn't it.   But it isn't a credible source of information and many Covidiots as you call them would at least figure that out.    

• Thanks 1