The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 hours ago, stawns said:

If you get caught with one of those, you should be subject to the strictest punishment possible under the law

Sorry stawns, our laws are a joke - if caught these people should actually get real punishments.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 2/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Fanuck said:

Sorry stawns, our laws are a joke - if caught these people should actually get real punishments.

Exactly. You can essentially do almost anything and be eligible for parole. Hell, Clifford Olson was able to torture his victims families for years at the hearings. The Canadian justice system is a pathetic institution.

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

You know it! All my friends tell me I married up.

Not to worry...... but that scarf she is knittig for you ....  well it kinda resembles a noose.........

Are you sure you are happily married..... ?   Do you think she could be slight angry towards you... ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Not to worry...... but that scarf she is knittig for you ....  well it kinda resembles a noose.........

Are you sure you are happily married..... ?   Do you think she could be slight angry towards you... ?

She just getting ready for JB if the Canucks lose again. 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2021 at 10:30 AM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Reading this, I have ZERO patience for any anti-vaxxer bull%$^.  NONE.  This article shows that no matter what you do to demonstrate that the anti-vaxxer is incorrect, they will continue to push their bull@#$*.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nurse-coronavirus-vaccine-tiffany-dover-anti-vaxxers-b1795800.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Nurse who fainted during Covid vaccine harassed by anti-vaxxers wrongly convinced she’s dead

Tiffany Dover explained fainting is quite common for her after the incident

She fainted and they tried to claim she was dead? You would think as she awoke it would make it pretty clear she had been turned into a flesh eating zombie of course...

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

On 2/1/2021 at 9:37 PM, stawns said:

If you get caught with one of those, you should be subject to the strictest punishment possible under the law

Thats Funny GIF by MOODMAN

We all know Canada has no strict laws for criminals!  You would get a worse punishment by screwing up your taxes this April than selling fake covid tests.

But yea something like this would be nice to actually see some punishments really handed down.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Thats Funny GIF by MOODMAN

We all know Canada has no strict laws for criminals!  You would get a worse punishment by screwing up your taxes this April than selling fake covid tests.

But yea something like this would be nice to actually see some punishments really handed down.

I don't know that at all

3 hours ago, Russ said:

She fainted and they tried to claim she was dead? You would think as she awoke it would make it pretty clear she had been turned into a flesh eating zombie of course...

You would think that.  However, when there is video that doesn't show her after she fainted, and days of inactivity in her social media, you can see how tinfoil hatters in the anti-vaxxer community will spread lies about her.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-school-guidelines-enhanced-health-and-safety-measures-announced-1.5899483

New 'enhanced' health and safety guidelines for K-12 schools supposedly being announced in about 10 minutes. 

This after a new, more transmissible form of the virus was found in a student.

Are they gonna go full mask or...........

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'm hoping the fainting nurse is not an O.R. or critical care/icu nurse.

I wouldn't want  her fainting while handing the surgeon a scalpel.

Only if she stubbed her toe too hard while doing it. 

“I have a history of having an overactive vagal response, and so with that if I have pain from anything – hangnail or if I stub my toe – I can just pass out,” she told the broadcaster.

11 minutes ago, PlanB said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-school-guidelines-enhanced-health-and-safety-measures-announced-1.5899483

New 'enhanced' health and safety guidelines for K-12 schools supposedly being announced in about 10 minutes. 

Countdown for KOS to go nuclear if they do not mandate masks in 3...2...1...:emot-parrot:

• Haha 3

Masks now mandatory inside middle and high schools in B.C.

Education minister, provincial health officer announcing 'enhanced health and safety guidelines'

BREAKING:

Masks are now mandatory for students and staff inside high schools and middle schools in British Columbia.

Non-medical grade masks must be worn in all indoor areas, the province announced Thursday, including while students are in their learning cohorts.

A statement from the B.C. Ministry of Education said masks can come off while students are at their workstation in the classroom, while they're eating and drinking, or while a barrier — like a sheet of Plexiglas — is in place.

Wearing masks indoors is still optional for elementary students. 

EARLIER STORY:

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Education Minister Jennifer Whiteside are holding a news conference at 10 a.m. PT. Stephanie Higginson, president of the B.C. School Trustees Association, will also be speaking.

CBC News will livestream the announcement. 

Leaders will also be announcing "more funding to support the continued safe operations of schools throughout the province," according to a statement released before the event.

No further details on safety guidelines or increased funding were immediately provided.

Calls for more safety measures

Parents and teachers have repeatedly called for a number of mandates to help keep schools safer, such as mandatory masks and rapid testing, since in-person classes resumed last September.

Results released Wednesday of a survey commissioned by the B.C. Teachers' Federation suggested more than half of teachers feel unsafe in the classroom during the pandemic and the vast majority want to see masks become mandatory.

The poll of 4,186 teachers found 57.8 per cent do not feel safe during in-person instruction and 86.9 want to see all adults wearing face masks or shields. A slightly smaller portion — 79.9 per cent — said students should wear masks as well. 

The push increased this week after news of possible exposure to a new coronavirus variant at Garibaldi Secondary School in Maple Ridge, B.C.

Officials confirmed Wednesday someone at the school was infected with a more transmissible form of the virus, but has since recovered. A total of 81 students and eight staff members who are in that person's cohort were all tested to see if the virus had spread, and all of them tested negative.

earl-marriott-secondary-school-covid-19.
Students are pictured on a school bus after classes end at Earl Marriott Secondary School in Surrey, B.C., on Jan. 4. (Ben Nelms/CBC)

Over the fall, Henry has said data shows transmission of COVID-19 is generally low in schools

According to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, 2,868 children under the age of 10 in B.C. have tested positive for the virus as of Tuesday — about four per cent of all cases in the province.

Current guidelines for schools are different than those for the rest of the public. Masks are recommended but not mandatory, and the rule for physical distancing is one metre apart instead of two.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, PlanB said:

will say, it took longer for the new variant(s) to show in schools, than I though it would.

In 20/20 retrospect/hindsight I put my school custodian job on pause a month early.

Well done to our southern neighbours, new cases numbers have dropped down  by 70,000 per day over the last 2  weeks.

191,705 on Jan 22/20 to 119,014 yesterday.

https://www.us-covid-tracker.com/?per100k=0&field=newCases

Keep it up U.S.

https://www.covid-19canada.com/

Canada 20,485 deaths    47,713 current cases

U.S.     462,326                   9,789,693 active cases

• Cheers 1