The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

40 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

It's nuts.  Apparently they hit 1.7M calls in the first three hours.  Only 82,000 people actually qualify.  The phone lines wouldn't be so jammed if people could actually follow simple instructions.

I wonder if anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers might be intentionally clogging up lines?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

It's nuts.  Apparently they hit 1.7M calls in the first three hours.  Only 82,000 people actually qualify.  The phone lines wouldn't be so jammed if people could actually follow simple instructions.

So over a third of the adults in the province thought it would be a good idea to call the first morning.  

On 3/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, UKNuck96 said:

That’s about 75ish miles - which is the maximum distance any part of the UK is away from the sea. A 120km radius from where I live would encompass most of Wales, all of the West Midlands, across the eat midlands past Nottingham up to Manchester and probably clip Liverpool, going south would probably go as far down as bristol. So yeah the distance is relative. 

edit added a radius map for context 

AC944CC5-8CDA-49BB-85B7-B80345A9AE99.png

Birmingham?

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Maybe this is return of the safe 6 they talked about a while back about bringing back.  I just hope they open up sports though.

I wonder will this mean the end of the BC governments promoting the safe use of Glory Holes to limit covid transmission .......  ??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Happy to report my wife (healthcare worker) is finally getting her vaccine this week. Online registration this morning only took her two minutes.

Was she using the Fraser Health site?  It looks very easy to use.  

Just now, BCNeil said:

Was she using the Fraser Health site?  It looks very easy to use.  

Yup. She does one day every week at a clinic out in Surrey (rest of her week is spent working inside Vancouver Coastal Health), so she was actually offered her vaccination through Fraser Health. And yes, it did look very easy. Just click a few boxes and done.

Hey guys! Working on a CBC story about transit patterns during the pandemic and we would like to hear from you. We're looking to chat with someone who used to transit to work but switched to driving during the pandemic. Or perhaps you used to participate in a carpool but started driving alone due to COVID-19. If this sounds like you or someone you know, and you/they are open to sharing your experience, please fire me a dm! 

At the beginning of this whole pandemic, there were lots of people saying how the change in people's behaviour is more damaging than the virus itself.... somewhat true.

Lots of crazies on both sides of the issues.... I mean when there are Canadian Tire employees handcuffing a person who didn't want to wear a mask, or grocery stores kicking out a shopper who didn't wear a mask due to cancer and asthma... 

Seems like lots of opportunistic people using "for the greater good" as some carte blanche excuse to do whatever they wouldn't do in any normal circumstances.  

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

At the beginning of this whole pandemic, there were lots of people saying how the change in people's behaviour is more damaging than the virus itself.... somewhat true.

Lots of crazies on both sides of the issues.... I mean when there are Canadian Tire employees handcuffing a person who didn't want to wear a mask, or grocery stores kicking out a shopper who didn't wear a mask due to cancer and asthma... 

Seems like lots of opportunistic people using "for the greater good" as some carte blanche excuse to do whatever they wouldn't do in any normal circumstances.  

there's crazies on one side, that's for sure

No one is bieng handcuffed for not wearing a mask, they are being handcuffed and arrested for trespassing, creating a disturbance etc etc.  They go in looking for confrontation and then use that confrontation to play victim.  Let's not pretend this is a "two sided" problem, it's not.

• Like 1