The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Why do people assume the person giving out the fines have not made mistakes?

Just take what the state gives you and shut up is not a good way to have a nation trend.

a mistake how?  I'd rather a few people suffer from a "mistake" and enforce the fines carte blanche than people think they can endanger society as a whole and get away with it scot free next time this happens........and there will be a next time.

I'm f***ing sick of selfish aholes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

a mistake how?  I'd rather a few people suffer from a "mistake" and enforce the fines carte blanche than people think they can endanger society as a whole and get away with it scot free next time this happens........and there will be a next time.

I'm f***ing sick of selfish aholes

So I can send a health inspector or cop to your place, get them to fine you, and you have no problem with that?

you are just going to pay and shut up?

"Hey sorry about the fines totalling 10 grand, but pay up, remember mistakes happen and you are ok with that."

19 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If they did something like this here, I'm in.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/5-vaccinated-ohioans-will-be-chosen-at-random-to-win-1-million/36412658

5 vaccinated Ohioans will be chosen at random to win $1 million

Here's hoping that Gym Jordan is one number off.....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

So I can send a health inspector or cop to your place, get them to fine you, and you have no problem with that?

you are just going to pay and shut up?

"Hey sorry about the fines totalling 10 grand, but pay up, remember mistakes happen and you are ok with that."

I'm unclear at what you think is going on?  Why would a citizen have the power to direct the police to do anything?  What would the circumstance be in this scenario?  Why would they be there in the first place?

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm unclear at what you think is going on?  Why would a citizen have the power to direct the police to do anything?  What would the circumstance be in this scenario?  Why would they be there in the first place?

Doesn't matter, you just said you don't care if the inspectors make mistakes, just shut up and pay the fine.

42 minutes ago, gurn said:

Doesn't matter, you just said you don't care if the inspectors make mistakes, just shut up and pay the fine.

it does matter, what you're say is non-sensical.  Clarify, if you please

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

it does matter, what you're say is non-sensical.  Clarify, if you please

You have said you are ok with mistakes being made and want people to just pay up. I prefer a mechanism where I or others can appeal their fine. 

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

You have said you are ok with mistakes being made and want people to just pay up. I prefer a mechanism where I or others can appeal their fine. 

can you provide a scenario where this would happen?  Saying you could send health inspectors to my house doesn't tell me much........what would be the reason and do you think they just randomly hand out fines with no cause?

Edited by stawns

got my 1st jab booked for the last day of May. What is the rule about going to get the jab and receiving paid time off to do so? I tried to book the latest appointment possible, which for me was 2:05pm...seemed quite early for last call but each city has different times I assume??

29 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

got my 1st jab booked for the last day of May. What is the rule about going to get the jab and receiving paid time off to do so? I tried to book the latest appointment possible, which for me was 2:05pm...seemed quite early for last call but each city has different times I assume??

You are permitted upto 3 hours of pay if you leave work to get your shot. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I get mine tomorrow around 3pm I'm on days off but the wife has to take time off work.

If you have two jabs in Nevada no mask is required anymore.

Edited by Violator

1 hour ago, Violator said:

I get mine tomorrow around 3pm I'm on days off but the wife has to take time off work.

If you have two jabs in Nevada no mask is required anymore.

I'm so glad canada is behid the US.........we can sit back and see if their move to a full reopen bites them in the ass or not

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm so glad canada is behid the US.........we can sit back and see if their move to a full reopen bites them in the ass or not

Along those lines...I saw this the other day and I have been trying to decide what I think about it. There is some truth to it but on the other hand they are doing reasonably well and do need to open up at some point. So yes being able to watch them will give us a good idea of what/when our re-opening should look like.

B2B21D8F-30BB-4495-B5CE-20EE1E75FF1B.jpeg

• Vintage 2

11 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

You are permitted upto 3 hours of pay if you leave work to get your shot. 

Paid by who work? Government?

I am trying to plan my shot for a Friday at like 1ish so I can duck out of work early that day over the next few weeks and get paid :)

19 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Updated #. 

Screenshot_20210513-154955~2.png

Screenshot_20210513-155210~2.png

interesting, so if they are only going to be distributing about 88,000 more Astra Zeneca shots in BC they must be planning to give the other 250k a different shot.