The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, stawns said:

when I was sick, it waslate January, early February. There was no test and I didn't know what it was.  As a teacher I get every virus that comes along and I have never, in my career, had anything even remotely like what I had then and I have been suffering ever since.  What was going in March was the after effects I think.

Yeah, I'm just worried about you. Don't be afraid to go see the doc. This stuff can be fixed. Obliviously that would be an early infection but you shouldn't be still affected. Maybe you're are just used to taking on the world's pain?

Anyways, take care bro. May the Bo be with you.

Good luck with the school. That's so effed I literally don't have a comment.

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

In case you haven't noticed, Covid isn't over.

When people stop dying from it like in Sweden, where they let it run it's course, it's over. If there is a second wave of death there, I will be wrong. 

26 minutes ago, footsy said:

When people stop dying from it like in Sweden, where they let it run it's course, it's over. If there is a second wave of death there, I will be wrong. 

Covid is a very infectious virus.... It will not run its course until the vast majority of citizens have had it.. IF THEY get antibodies... IF>.....

Covid has not run its course in any country in the world...  It can re-appear quicker than you think.... for a second wave. 

29 minutes ago, footsy said:

So you’d rather err on the side of death rather than caution? 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

So you’d rather err on the side of death rather than caution? 

There is probably no way of escaping the inevitable but small level of death from it unless you believe in locking down forever. Perhaps I'm a bad person, but1 in 17000 people dying, doesn't justify shutting anything down as far as I'm concerned. The world would have stopped a long time ago if people fretted about living with that level of risk.

14 minutes ago, footsy said:

There is probably no way of escaping the inevitable but small level of death from it unless you believe in locking down forever. Perhaps I'm a bad person, but1 in 17000 people dying, doesn't justify shutting anything down as far as I'm concerned. The world would have stopped a long time ago if people fretted about living with that level of risk.

Yes there is a way of escaping death from Covid. It’s to follow guidance from health officials and if cases spike because people don’t listen, then you shut down again to bend the curve again. Preventing deaths are better than just accepting deaths. 

Who said forever? Was the last lockdown forever? Why would another be ‘forever’? Unless you’re a fruitfly. Are you a fruitfly?

Perhaps you are a bad person. I won’t argue that. I consider people bad when they’d rather other people die over being personally inconvenienced.

Maybe you need to reset your empathy and critical thought processors. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I didn't see the 1061 page thread about people that die everyday without Covid. :unsure:

@Cerridwin why be confused if you haven't bothered to put forth the time to understand what we're talking about?

Edited by Gawdzukes

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Cerridwin why be confused if you haven't bothered to put forth the time to understand what we're talking about?

Maybe they are confused why posters would support other  people dying over themselves being slightly inconvenienced..... 

I

• Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, footsy said:

Covid only took out .006 % of the Swedish population. The Spanish flu took out 3% of the world population. The Spanish flu was 500 times more deadly than Covid in Sweden.

If the mortality rate is so high, as your stats show, and actual deaths are so low, very few people must be catching Covid. Another possibility is that many people who caught the disease were not counted. The CDC director in the States has suggested the case numbers may be 10 times higher than reported.

If Sweden has a second wave, then it's still an open debate.

You are comparing apples to oranges when comparing the Spanish Flu to Covid.  The world took great measures to prevent the infection of Covid hence the low deaths per capita rate.  Only a small % of the population has been infected with Covid.  Not so the Spanish Flu as over a third of the world was infected with the Spanish Flu.  Also back then we did not have the medical technology to treat viruses in hospitals like we do now.  Saying that the Spanish Flu is inherently more deadly than Covid is wrong.  If infection levels from Covid reached that of the Spanish flu and if our ability to treat those infected was severely compromised, We would have just as many deaths.

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

What is surprising is that no one seemed to give a crap about the thousands of people that die every day without Covid. 

You do understand that the Covid deaths are in addition to all the other yearly deaths right? 

New thing, gets new attention, that should not surprise anyone.

But please feel free to start a thread about all the other deaths, I'm sure people will respond; kind of what discussion forums are about.

• Upvote 2

It's funny that people talk about other yearly deaths that are not Covid.

Take for example, car accidents.  Pretty sure a long time ago, seat belts were not mandatory.   But study shown, that wearing seat belts can reduce injury.  Seems like common sense.

But nowadays, wearing masks goes against their freedom. 

:rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Tldr; we have so few deaths and infections BECAUSE we shut it down.  I dare you to claim then prove otherwise.

Lockdown in BC was done very well saved many lives.

Restart in BC. - not done very well unfortunately....... BC government sent way too many messages out about young people not being at much  risk....  Terrible message to send out. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

36 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Governments and health officials lock down nations to prevent the spread of covid and subsequent deaths

People scream because they can't get haircuts and claim that nobody was dying anyway.

Lockdowns literally prove straight up to prevent the transmission of covid, resulting in fewer deaths and overall cases

People scream that it was all for nothing and that they were right, the lockdowns were pointless.

You literally cannot give these people any argument where they think they might be wrong.  

Massive groups who don't believe experts in the form of doctors, chemists, virologists and more.  But who STILL believe that their Facebook diet shake pyramid scheme a will make them money and help them lose weight.

Tldr; we have so few deaths and infections BECAUSE we shut it down.  I dare you to claim then prove otherwise.

That is the one thing that really irks me about the logic that some people have.  Citing that the Lockdowns were not necessary because of the resulting low number of deaths in the general population.  THATS WHAT THE LOCKDOWNS WERE DESIGNED TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE!  So much stupidity in this world.  My god it makes want to drink again.  When you point this out to them, they have no answer and start spewing crap about conspiracies.  They are the very reason why we are headed for a second wave.  We could have easily contained this.  Life would have been near normal save for some activities involving large numbers of people in close quarters.  But no, these Covidiots continue to believe that Covid is not serious and its prolonging this.  We are in Phase 3 which means minor sacrifices.  I do not want to go back to Phase 1 because of these idiots

• Vintage 2