The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But to put into perspective.

2019-20 is relative peacetime. WWI just ended on November, 11, 1918. The Spanish Flu had been weaving it's way through troops during 1918. 

Then everyone gets on ships and goes home. Thus spreading the virus. 

The second wave was deadlier, and the timing couldn't have been worse. 

True, but at least it ended WW2.                                                              /s

• Haha 4

The West End of DT Van has about 45k people.

Last week or so there was a report of covid at a very popular 24hr 7/11...

Now The Score on Davie. I used to go to this place a lot, insane Ceasar drinks( come topped with grilled cheese sandwiches and onion rings etc) and great Eggs Benny. 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-exposure-warning-posted-by-another-vancouver-restaurant-1.5064846

The article also states 'Pump Jack' was exposed. Very popular pub within  a couple blocks of both the 7/11 and The Score. 

Anyway, lots of people in this neighbourhood living very close together. I fear for my old hood that it could be spreading easily. 

• Vintage 2

22 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The West End of DT Van has about 45k people.

Last week or so there was a report of covid at a very popular 24hr 7/11...

Now The Score on Davie. I used to go to this place a lot, insane Ceasar drinks( come topped with grilled cheese sandwiches and onion rings etc) and great Eggs Benny. 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/covid-19-exposure-warning-posted-by-another-vancouver-restaurant-1.5064846

The article also states 'Pump Jack' was exposed. Very popular pub within  a couple blocks of both the 7/11 and The Score. 

Anyway, lots of people in this neighbourhood living very close together. I fear for my old hood that it could be spreading easily. 

Both of my kids live there.  :(  

But they're really just staying home except for essential shopping.  For months now....

• Huggy Bear 1

12 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Not confused at all....that's my emoticon for incredulity at a post. I've been here since the very beginning of the thread... you've idea what I've done with my time. Generalizations just make you look foolish. Sometimes a post just stretches the limits of believability and earns itself that particular face because this one ... :blink: and this one ...:wacko:.... aren't available.

I've been an advocate for those two, plus "picard" for a while.....

How 'bout it mods? We've already got about a dozen different upvotes....git er done! B)

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But yeah, beware those Commie Marxist Democrats!

Everything is fine, so as long as the MyPillow guy is in charge.

:lol:

Hahaha

MyPillow guy is pretty smart (albeit, with no morals). Get the dope, Trump, to promote his snake oil and $$$$$$. Trump's too stupid to question anything. Tell him what he wants to hear and he'll waggle his tail and nod like a lap dog. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Hahaha

MyPillow guy is pretty smart (albeit, with no morals). Get the dope, Trump, to promote his snake oil and $$$$$$. Trump's too stupid to question anything. Tell him what he wants to hear and he'll waggle his tail and nod like a lap dog. 

its literally this all over again. I hope there's some sort of purgatory where the pillow guy has to remove and re-stuff his crappy product for eternity as punishment. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

We were told that there would be a second wave and that it might be worse than the first....

....seems like a lot of folks had to see it to believe it....<_<

this pandemic has exposed so many people to just be selfish tools. I was at a market in Richmond yesterday, with signs everywhere saying masks are mandatory, and this mouth breather asshat is walking around with a mask hanging off his ear. 

I do see far more people over 50 not wearing masks in stores than anyone else too, these people should be old enough to know better.